Chapter 7: Begin to End

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Next morning*

-Jaemin's POV-

Last night, I tried to sleep as much as I possibly could. After all, having to share a room with Narae didn't help me much to dream peacefully. All I could think about was Narae and what happened before both of us went to sleep; I can't believe I saw her cry, that I consoled her, and it was a huge surprise to know that Narae wanted me to be more friendly towards her. It was hard to process everything in one night, so I decided to stand up before anyone, prepare some breakfast for the guys, and make some coffee as well. I wanted to keep my mind busy with anything; I didn't want to think about the memories I made last night with Narae; after all, I still have to protect myself from anything that can hurt me.

Yesterday, I had the chance to talk with Jeno about the situation that happened with Narae in the kitchen. My friend told me to show Narae how I feel about her and asked me to give it a chance to love again. It is hard for me to forget about my past and let go from it like thin air, but Jeno said that I should stop living in the experiences that hurt me back in the day. After all, he wants me to have happy times now that I can enjoy what I love the most.

*Current time – 9:20 a.m.*

I'm having a cup of coffee while reviewing the progress we've made on the last project; I noticed that my team is working hard on every task, which makes me feel calmer about the upcoming event for the presentation of the final project.

As I'm looking at my tablet, I saw someone walking inside the kitchen. Yet, I didn't look up since I kept on checking out the files.

-Good morning. It seems that you woke up before anyone else. – I heard Narae's voice, making me glance at her. She's taking a cup of coffee while staring back at me.

-I wanted to take advantage of the time, that's all. – I assured before drinking some of my coffee and then returned my sight to the iPad.

-You also packed your things. – Narae pointed out before standing on the other side of the bar.

-Yes, I did. And you might want to do the same thing; we have a lot of things to get done. – I spoke, not looking back at Narae as I tried to focus on the work.

-Hmm, you are right. – Narae spoke before drinking some coffee out of her cup. She stood in silence for some seconds as I kept my attention on the iPad's screen, but then I heard Narae sigh. -Jaemin, can I ask you something personal? – She suddenly questioned.

I glanced back at Narae, immediately noticing that she was becoming worried about something. So, I nodded at her request and paid attention to what she wanted to say.

-How can you be so stiff? How can you take so much and still stand up? – Narae questioned between some stuttering, and then she took another sip of her coffee, hiding her face behind the mug.