Chapter 18: One After Another

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Moments later*

-Narae's POV-

The conversation between Jaemin and you made everything better. You didn't expect to see him at your door, waiting just for you to come back home. However, you admit that you are glad that Jaemin thought about you and decided to make amends with you. And after talking for a while, you apologized at some point since you acted recklessly back at the office. Jaemin didn't feel like you did something wrong; nevertheless, he thanked you for worrying about your behavior and how you made him feel.

Right now, you are lying down on the couch with Jaemin by your side. Both of you enjoy tonight's rain while listening to some music and relaxing after the stress from work. So far, you had two attempts of falling asleep between Jaemin's embrace. He keeps caressing your head and hair, causing you to become sleepier by the time.

-Eyes closed, and when they open! – Jaemin teased while gently moving your hair.

-Jaemin, stop it. – You sleepily said, attempting to move Jaemin's hand away, but missed every time since your eyes are almost closed.

-Narae, do you want a kiss? – Jaemin questioned, whispering near your ear.

-Hmm, no. – You pouted.

-No? Ah, but it's from me. – Jaemin remarked, making you look up at him. Then, you pecked his lips before returning to your sleeping position. -I knew you would want one. – Jaemin chuckled as he continued to caress your hair.

-You made me overwork today. So, stop teasing me. – You complained.

-Did I cause it? – Jaemin innocently asked.

-You did it before I left the office! You told me to give you the presentation tomorrow morning, Jaemin. – You pointed out, causing him to chuckle.

-Love, but I didn't expect you to give me the entire thing. Admit it. You worked harder than ever because I got upset after seeing you with Jeno. – Jaemin pointed out while glancing at you, causing you to frown and look away.

-Whatever it was, you need to apologize to Jeno. He's your best friend, and you treated him poorly back in the office. – You told Jaemin while closing your eyes.

-Yes, love. I will talk to Jeno, don't worry about it. – Jaemin spoke before kissing your cheek. Then he continued to play with your hair, but before you could relax, knocks on the door began to sound. -Are you waiting for someone else? – Jaemin asked.

-No. – You replied while glancing back at Jaemin. You felt slightly confused as the knocks continued to blare the apartment.

-Cha Narae! – You heard Eunju's voice, causing your eyes to widen.