Chapter 21: Meaningful Oaths

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jaemin's POV-

I'm standing next to Narae, watching how she confronts Eunju after her sudden appearance at the company. It appears that both of them are full of hatred for each other, which makes me wonder what else have I missed from their rivalry.

-You feel empowered because you've gained Jaemin's trust, don't you? – Eunju questioned while looking at Narae. -Let me tell you something, dear. Jaemin only cares about your performance as a co-worker, an employee, and nothing else. – Eunju claimed, making me feel angrier than before due to her hurtful comment.

-At least he cares about me in a way, but Jaemin doesn't even think about you at all. – Narae pointed out, not holding back her words.

Eunju chuckled. -Are you serious? How can you talk that way in front of your boss, Cha Narae? Don't you feel ashamed? – Eunju mocked, causing Narae to glance at me. I noticed the shine of her eyes, letting me know that she's starting to lose her patience.

-Eunju, I believe you said enough. Now, I will ask you to stop coming to this company's area; you aren't welcome anymore, and I'll let my father know about your behavior. – I sternly spoke while looking at Eunju.

She looked at me in shock. -Baby, but I only came here for you. I didn't expect to see you with this girl. – Eunju claimed before clinging onto my arm. -Please, I want to give you the time you deserve, baby. – Eunju continued to say, causing Narae to become annoyed.

I got away from Eunju's grasp before fixing my jacket. -I'm politely asking you to stop this behavior, Eunju. But if you don't want to listen, I'll let your father know as well. – I claimed before taking Narae's hand. -Let's go. – I told Narae, who nodded in response. Then, she took her bag and looked one more time at Eunju, briefly walking away from there by my side.

We walked towards the staircase and immediately began to go down. I held Narae's hand tightly as we continued our way out. But suddenly, Narae pulled my hand, causing me to stop my way. She worriedly looked at me before I caressed her cheek, and then she closed her eyes and faced somewhere else.

-I wanted to put Eunju in her place; why did you intervene? – Narae questioned, pouting like a child. I chuckled at her reaction before smiling at her.

-Love, I don't want you to get in trouble, okay? – I told Narae before she glanced back at me. -Listen to me, for once, do as I say. Stop fighting with Eunju when she appears at the company, and try to avoid her if it's possible. – I spoke, which Narae nodded for in response.

-But you know that she won't stop here, don't you? – Narae questioned.

-Yes, I assume she's not giving up, but that doesn't mean anything. I will protect you as much as possible, and I'll make sure that you stay with me. – I assured Narae, causing her to smile at my words.