Chapter 23: The Last Work

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Hours later*

-Narae's POV-

Time has gone by after the confrontation Jaemin had with his father. Several things already took place, like talking with the rest of the team about your latest work at JJ's Company and how everything will go during these last months with them. Naturally, everybody wanted you to stay or enroll in another agency together, but you told them to continue here since they already have a good position in the department. Yet, even though you tried to give your best smile at all times, you felt defeated; after all, you worked hard for the place you had at the corporation.

Currently, you are saving the documents of the skyscraper project. It is already complete; however, the presentation is still on hold. It might happen soon this coming week, but after what happened with Mr. Na, you doubt he'll pick you to speak at the campaign event. It honestly makes you feel awful to see how your future crumbles in front of your eyes. But there's nothing you can do, only stare and move on to better things.

As you continued to put your belongings inside your purse, you felt someone holding your waist from behind and soon found Jaemin standing next to you.

-Hey, what are you doing here? – You asked while closing your purse.

-Haechan told me it was your shift's end, so I came to go out with you. – Jaemin said, making you look at him, confused.

-I thought you were going out late. – You mentioned.

-I fixed several tasks today; therefore, I have more time for you. – Jaemin pointed out.

You released a subtle smile before looking at him. -Jaemin. I'm perfectly okay; you don't have to worry about anything. – You assured your boyfriend.

-Love, you were sad the entire day; did you think I wouldn't notice? – Jaemin questioned before caressing your chin. -Now, I can tell when you are forcing a smile or when you are genuinely happy. – Jaemin said before kissing your forehead.

-Now, I realize that my plan didn't work out as I wanted. – You heard Eunju speak, making both of you sigh, annoyed.

Eunju approached your spot, but before you could face her, Jaemin got between both. You looked at Jaemin, confused. Yet, he only shook his head and murmured, "I got it."

-What do you want? Ruin someone else's career? – Jaemin questioned, upset.

-Baby, Narae knew about it before I gave the photos to your father. Yet, she didn't seem to say anything to you. – Eunju pointed out, acting cute for Jaemin.

-You! --

Jaemin interrupted you. -Narae told me what happened and how you threatened her with the same story. But you won't get what you fancy, Eunju, because I'm here to avoid that at all costs. – Jaemin firmly answered as you noticed the rest of the co-workers looking your way.