Chapter 22: Never Without You

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The following day*

-Narae's POV-

It is the subsequent morning, and you are back at the company. Last night, you couldn't sleep much since Eunju's visit disturbed your dreams. However, today, you wanted to come as nothing happened and focus on the work at hand. Once again, your team gathered around to finish the current project. Everything is going well, and it seems that today, most of the project will get finished.

Right now, you are placing your things together, settling everything on your desk before starting today's activities. But before you could continue, you felt someone approaching your way, briefly finding Jaemin walking to your place.

-Hey, you have to come with me. – Jaemin suddenly said as you continued to put your belongings on the desk.

-Is there anything you need? – You politely asked.

-My father wants us at his office. – Jaemin mentioned, making you look at him, confused.

Eunju.

-Why? – You asked.

-We are in trouble. – Jaemin said, which you nodded for, understanding the upcoming confrontation.

You took a deep breath before leaving your stuff, briefly looking at Ella with a stern expression.

-Ella, Mark. Check on the customer while I'm gone. – You asked your friends.

-Sure! – Ella answered.

-On it! – Mark said while taking out his paperwork, and then you looked back at Jaemin.

-Let's go. – Jaemin said before both of you walked out of the department's area.

You passed by many employees, and it appears like everyone knows that something is going on between you two. It made you feel anxious, but you tried to hold it together since the worse part hasn't come. Immediately, you thought that Mr. Na wanted to see you with Jaemin because of Eunju; after all, she did tell you about a hidden ace.

Eventually, you reached Mr. Na's office. Jaemin opened the door for you before both of you got inside the room and immediately noticed the severe look on Jaemin's father.

-You are the head of the marketing department of the company. You are also the image of the future generation in this office alongside Ms. Cha. And you have the guts to ruin it all for an adventure, only because you wanted to experience something else. Don't you, son? – Mr. Na questioned, looking annoyed and disappointed.

-What are you talking about, Father? – Jaemin asked, confused.

Mr. Na opened his desk's drawer, shortly pulling out an envelope full of photos, all of them of yesterday's lunch with Jaemin. Your eyes widen while analyzing the pictures in front of you, but Jaemin immediately looked at them and crossed his arms.