Chapter 26: Against it All

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Moments later*

-Jaemin's POV-

I laid Narae's body on the mattress and covered her with soft blankets, and then I stared at her, noticing how peaceful she looks, in her sleep. Shortly, I kissed Narae's head and caressed the side of her neck before walking out of the room to let her rest. Immediately, I returned to the living area with Jisung, sat close to my friend, and took a deep breath while letting my body rest against the couch's back.

-Thanks for helping me bring Narae. – I said while looking at Jisung.

-You're welcome; you know I consider Narae like my older sister, so I'm glad to help her. – Jisung sincerely spoke before pressing his hands together, looking somewhat distressed.

-What is it? – I asked.

-I feel sorry for what happened to Narae; she doesn't deserve to get kicked out of the skyscraper project. I saw her working so hard in the presentation, so I must differ from Mr. Na's decision. – Jisung disclosed while facing down. I patted his shoulder before nodding at his words, understanding how he thinks.

-Honestly, I don't recognize my father anymore, and after today, I want to leave the company sooner than ever. – I admitted, making Jisung look at me, stunned.

-Are you for real, hyung? – Jisung questioned, which I nodded for in response.

-I thought my father only cared about the talent among the employees or that the company's goal was to reunite creative minds together, to produce new projects. But he showed his ambition and how much he desires power more than anything else. – I pointed out, feeling disappointed by my father's actions.

-Do you still believe he can change? – Jisung asked, referring to my father.

-I hope so; I keep giving my father the benefit of the doubt since he's my family. But honestly, sometimes, it's hard to believe in him. – I spoke before sighing.

-Hyung, sooner or later, your father will see Eunju's genuine intentions. – Jisung said, trying to cheer up my spirits.

-My father has to see it; there's no doubt about it. However, I don't know when that'll happen. – I mentioned.

-Are you worried that Mr. Na can fall into Eunju's plan? – Jisung asked.

I nodded. -It appears my father already believes Eunju more than me. But what worries me the most is the plans Eunju has for Narae; she wants Yong Sangkyu to marry her. – I explained, feeling unsettled.

-Narae spoke about it with everybody, but we didn't believe Eunju could go as far as Narae stated. Now, I feel scared because I don't want my friend to suffer again. – Jisung pointed out, immediately capturing my attention.