Chapter 3: Little Sneak

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Next morning*

-Narae's POV-

As soon as you woke up, you took Jaemin's clothes off. It made you feel uncomfortable using his stuff; after all, you don't have a close relationship in any way or form. Both are in a regular work-type environment, and even though Jaemin took you to his house, you are sure that he didn't mean to disturb you the last day.

Jaemin told you that he wanted to check some things about the project with you; however, you thought that he would forget about it, but he certainly didn't. Jaemin was ready to work along with you, and he even prepared some coffee for both. You got pleasantly impressed by him, yet, you know that Jaemin is very charming and respectful with everyone he knows from work.

*Current time – 9:03 a.m.*

Right now, both of you are working on the dining table. All the paperwork and some sketches of the blueprint are on the surface. Jaemin is checking them out as you make some progress on the design for the exterior.

You focused on making the two ideas for the design at the same time, but it was quite hard since you didn't want Jaemin to ask you about it. You are using his laptop while he's reviewing some documents that he brought from the office.

-How did you sleep last night? – Jaemin suddenly asked.

-Oh, hmm, I slept just fine. – You assured before looking at him. -Thank you again for the hospitality. – You said before Jaemin turned his face to glance back at you.

-I'm glad, and you don't have to thank me, Ms. Cha. – Jaemin spoke before releasing a slight smile. And then, he turned back to his work, making the room go back to complete silence.

-Mr. Na, do you like music? – You questioned while looking back at the screen.

-Excuse me? – Jaemin asked, looking at you, confused.

-It's boring to work without a melody in the background. – You stated before taking your phone and briefly you put your playlist.

Jaemin smiled as you started to move your head along with the beat of the song. He sighed before continuing with the work, but it was something great to see that Jaemin does enjoy some things about life.

-I regularly listen to music while working, but I only wear one earphone because I also need to be aware of my surroundings. – Jaemin disclosed while writing on some paper.

-Mr. Na, I already promised to do that as well. I learn from my mistakes. – You assured while editing the model on the program.

-Yes, I know that. Renjun told me about it. – Jaemin admitted.

-Right. I always forget the friendship they have with you, Mr. Na. – You sighed.

-Does that bother you, Ms. Cha? – Jaemin questioned, intrigued.

-No, not at all. But it makes me wonder what they can say about me. – You told Jaemin as you tried to concentrate on your work.

-They tend to talk about you quite often, Ms. Cha. – Jaemin revealed. -But nothing I don't know. – He stated as he kept on working.

-Oh, okay. That doesn't sound as bad as I thought. – You said in relief. -I apologize for their behavior; the boys shouldn't talk about me so much. – You told Jaemin sincerely.

-It's normal, Ms. Cha. They are your friends as well. – Jaemin stated.

You nodded in agreement before you looked back at your work. You began to edit new things on the model, and quickly you focused on the screen while listening to the music. You didn't notice when Jaemin got behind you, but as soon as you did, you were glad that the design you are editing is the suggestion that got selected from the meeting you had a few days ago.

Shortly, you got apart from the laptop for Jaemin to see the design better. He nodded while eyeing the entire model.

-Ms. Cha, do you feel satisfied with this work? – Jaemin asked, still looking at the design.

-I think so, Mr. Na. It is the idea everybody voted for during the meeting. – You told Jaemin, hoping that he would like it.

-I believe you are lying to me, Ms. Cha. – Jaemin sighed before glancing at you. – If I'm not mistaken, you didn't vote for any of the ideas. – He noticed, making you feel anxious.

You didn't answer and decided to look away from Jaemin. He also kept silent before taking a deep breath, and suddenly, he closed the program and deleted the document. You looked at your boss, surprised; after all, it was an unexpected move from him.

-Mr. Na, the presentation of the project is in two weeks; why did you delete it? – You questioned, confused.

-Everybody should agree with the ideas. And if something isn't right, you shouldn't do it, Ms. Cha. – Jaemin stated before walking to the other corner of the table.

-I'll have to work harder, then. – You sighed while staring at the screen, still in shock by what Jaemin did.

-The client gave us essential ideas for the skyscraper and complete manipulation of the design. Following what the primary plan marks isn't something you usually make when you get full access to a project, Ms. Cha. – Jaemin disclosed while looking at the blueprints.

-I'm following what my boss wanted me to do, and I don't want to screw up the entire project. – You stated, becoming upset by Jaemin's actions.

-Ms. Cha, the project won't get ruined by some changes. Also, I'm here to make sure that the presentation runs smoothly. – Jaemin seriously spoke.

You looked at him, upset before standing up from your seat. You saved the other design and took out the driver. Briefly, you turned off the music from your phone and then placed it away inside your bag. Jaemin glanced at you, but it seems that he didn't care that you wanted to leave.

-I'll take you home. – Jaemin said while grabbing his keys.

-No, no, I can walk. – You stated while holding your bag.

You started to go to the entrance door, but Jaemin blocked your way and stopped you from moving forward.

-Ms. Cha, don't start saying nonsense. Let me take you home; you don't know your way around here. – Jaemin told you, clearly enjoying that he was messing with you.

-I can find my way back; thank you very much. – You sarcastically said, trying to pass Jaemin.

He sighed before glancing at you. -Always keeping your attitude with me. – Jaemin murmured, upset.

-What? – You looked at him, surprised.

-I'll take you home. I brought you to my apartment; now it's time for me to drive you away from here. – Jaemin stated, not changing his mind about his decision.

Everything was going so well, but things couldn't last because Jaemin is so stubborn.

-I guess I don't have any other option. – You sighed before groaning, upset. -Alright, Mr. Na, you can take me home. – You surrender.

Jaemin nodded before walking towards the entrance, you followed him, and then, both got outside of his apartment. You didn't look at him; after all, you know that Jaemin is having a blast while seeing you obeying him once again.

-You can come back any time you'd like. – Jaemin teased, but his face was dull and sober.

-I suppose you want your personal space. So, I won't come very often, Mr. Na. – You assured before rolling your eyes.

-Maybe not. – Jaemin murmured before both reached the elevator.