Chapter 11: Treasure You

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jaemin's POV-

I'm staring away from Narae, trying to think of something to say. It slipped out of my mouth the words I just said, and I didn't notice my mistake until Narae pointed it out. Nervously, I placed my hands together and took a deep breath.

-Yes, you are a great accent in the team, and everyone works so smoothly with you. – I spoke, attempting to cover up my true feelings.

-I understand the worry you have if I quit and join another agency. But there aren't many choices for me right now. – Narae claimed, making me look at her.

-Tell me why. – I said, confused.

-Eunju isn't playing around, Jaemin. And I'm telling you this as a friend, no matter who's your partner or employee, Eunju is never going to stop bothering you. – Narae honestly spoke, looking at me with concern.

-I already told my father about Eunju's attitude this noon, and he got disappointed once I spoke about the matter. Mr. Sonu can be my father's partner, but we are businessmen, and we don't like to involve our work with outside problems. – I told Narae.

-I'm aware of the sentiments you have for your job, and I understand that it's a priority. But sooner or later, your father will control you, Jaemin. – Narae pointed out, making me look at her, upset.

-What do you mean by that? – I questioned.

-Eunju is the daughter of Mr. Na's best friend, so your chances of having a formal relationship with her are higher than you expect. – Narae claimed worriedly.

-No, no, my father wouldn't do that to me. – I shook my head, feeling distressed. But Narae pressed my hand to show me comfort. -But it makes sense. If the agency gets involved in Mr. Sonu's contacts and projects, it's most likely for my father to execute that move. – I spoke thoughtfully.

-It's an option that you can't dodge; however, the last call is still yours. – Narae remarked.

I took a deep breath before letting go of Narae's hand, and then I stood up from the couch. I walked away, getting closer to the window.

-Leaving already? – Narae asked while looking back at me.

-No, having a break after such day. – I said before looking up at the ceiling.

-It was a tough day; you should go and rest early. – Narae suggested, but I shook my head at her request.

-I still have to check some things beforehand. – I sighed before looking at Narae. -Are you planning to leave the agency? – I questioned.

-Hmm, it's soon to tell. By why are you asking? – Narae questioned.

-I have to find a replacement if you leave. – I pointed out, making Narae's expression turn sober. My statement bothered her more than I expected.

-Ella is my best replacement. – Narae said.

-I guess you are right about that. – I placed my hands on my hips before walking towards Narae. I kneeled in front of her and looked into her eyes. -Listen, I don't want you to go, but at the end of the day, this call is yours. – I said before placing Narae's hair behind her ear.

I smiled at Narae, noticing the slight red tone on her cheeks. But gently, she shook her head before looking back at me.

-I want to stay, but Eunju might cause problems. – Narae spoke unsurely.

-Let's give it a try. You keep your place in the agency, and if the situation gets more complicated, I'll let you go. – I suggested, which Narae nodded for as a response.

-Alright. On that note, I should study for the presentation day. – Narae said before smiling at me. -Thank you for understanding, Jaemin. – She sincerely spoke.

-That's my job. – I grinned before standing up and clearing out my throat.

We were close. So close to each other.

I took a deep breath before Narae stood up to face me. It was hard to keep steady after feeling the nearness between Narae and me. So, hopefully, I did a decent job in hiding my intentions.

-I'm going home, but if you need anything, let me know. – I said while putting my jacket on.

-Thank you. And I'll keep you updated on the situation. – Narae said before we bowed at each other.

-Take care, Narae. – I subtlety smiled, looking directly into Narae's eyes.

-Enjoy the rest of your day, Jaemin. – Narae kindly said before we walked towards the door. She opened it for me, glancing at each other one last time. And shortly, I walked away from the entrance and went directly to my car.

I opened the door and got inside. I saw Narae through the front window, noticing how she sighed in relief and smiling happily. I chuckled at her cute expression before turning the engine, keeping my eyes on the precious person by the window.

I won't let you go anywhere else; I have to keep you close somehow, Narae.

*Moments later*

I arrived at my apartment feeling exhausted. However, the first thing I did was a shower before continuing with some work that I left aside at the office.

Right now, I'm drying my hair with the towel while turning my laptop on. And also, I heated some water on the stove. Briefly, I placed the towel on the back of the chair, and then I noticed a few notifications on my email. I opened it and checked the document sent to my account.

"Jaemin. I didn't text you when I found this video because I was lucky to see it on time. But long story short, Eunju used Narae's computer a few minutes ago. As you know, right now there aren't a lot of employees around. But I left my phone at my place, so I went back to take it. And at that moment, I found Eunju trying to send this video. Luckily, I canceled the process in time. Here, I'll give the evidence to you." – Ella.

I opened the video Ella sent me, immediately showing me a picture of Narae outside the agency. It looks like she's talking with someone through the phone, and there's when the recording zooms in Narae's spot.

"I know what you are trying to tell me, but I can't make another move. Jaemin already took me home, invited me for a night at his apartment, and we have the same friends. I don't want him to notice that I care about everything he says to me at work or out of it.

Alright, but Chenle, promise me that you won't say anything. I honestly don't want Jaemin to get in trouble for having another girl dying to be with him."

I chuckled at the last sentence Narae said; however, I quickly realized that Eunju is serious about her intentions with me. And now, I understand why she targeted Narae; Eunju already knew about her feelings for me.

-Ah, Narae. Childish, so childish, love. – I chuckled before texting Ella, thanking her for the information she gave me. And also, I assured her that I'm not saying anything to Narae. After that, I turned off the stove and served some hot water on a mug, briefly adding a teabag.

I took a deep breath while thinking about the video I saw. Suddenly, my phone rang, making me look at the screen. Ella replied.

"Thanks for keeping the secret! But do something about Narae. Boss, I know you like her too, and it's about time that someone makes a move." – Ella.

Occasionally, I believe the same thing that Ella told me, make a move on Narae. But it's difficult since I don't want to be disrespectful or get into a relationship without fully understanding each other. However, I get what Ella wants me to do, and I honestly desire the same thing.