Chapter 5: You & I

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jaemin's POV-

I rushed out of the living room as soon as I noticed that Narae had her eyes on me. I stood up without caring about anything else for my sake and then speeded up to get towards the kitchen. Right now, I'm holding my chest while feeling that my heart is about to burst into ashes; looking at how comfortable Narae is with Chenle makes me feel insane.

I want that; I need her to love me that way.

I'm becoming selfish. I desire all of Narae's affection for me and nobody else. Once again, I'm falling on her game, letting that girl take control of my emotions, and watching myself surrender to the things she makes me feel. I'm not like this; I usually never show my sentiments, but Narae makes me break all the stakes I built. I come from a dark place of pain and sorrow, so I don't understand why Narae has to pull me away from my comfort zone.

-Mr. Na? – I heard Narae's voice, which immediately made me compose myself.

-Ms. Cha, did you follow me? – I asked without looking back to face Narae.

-I wouldn't say "follow," but I indeed searched for some time alone with you. – Narae admitted before taking a deep breath. -Mr. Na, due to the plans for tonight with our friends, I decided that it was the right time to clear up the air with you. Of course, if you don't mind, Mr. Na. – She spoke, always keeping her formality towards me.

I cleared out my throat while still holding my chest with my hand. -Clear the air? – I questioned.

-Yes. I wanted to discuss what happened earlier this day. – Narae disclosed before sighing. -Everybody says that you aren't a rude person, so I want to believe in those statements, but after what happened this morning. Well, I don't know what my answer is for that statement. – Narae said, sounding upset.

I took one last breath before turning around to face Narae. I looked at her eyes while trying to keep my composure.

-Ms. Cha, I did what I thought was the best for the project. It doesn't matter if you take three more days to finish the design; I want to show the client something creative, and that shows potential. If the first idea wasn't what you wanted to do, it was necessary to change it. – I stated while trying to sound serious.

-Alright. I appreciate that you are honest with me right now, Mr. Na. – Narae bowed before looking back at me.

-Do you need anything else? – I asked, wanting her to leave me alone.

-Yes. – Narae said. -Why do you get mad when I'm with our friends, Mr. Na? What bothers you? – She asked without hesitating her words.

I looked at her, surprised. But then my jealousy grew as I remembered seeing Narae so close to Chenle and Jeno.