Chapter 16: Wrong Directions

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Later that day*

-Narae's POV-

You continued to work throughout the rest of your shift. Jeno and Chenle; made some progress on the presentation. And also, you discussed the details regarding the information and the look in general. Every time you work together, nothing seems too complicated, so it's quick to make a generous amount of progress in a single day. Luckily, this time it happened again, and the presentation is taking form as you hoped.

Right now, you are taking your stuff from your desk, getting ready to go with Jeno. Today, both of you talked about hanging out like in the old times, even though it's been a week or so since you last went out together. Later, you planned to see Chenle at his place; after all, the three of you want Jaemin to see it before the event's day. As you wait, Eunju checked the floor; perhaps she looked for Jaemin. Yet, you didn't care about it too much, and you let her do whatever she pleases.

-Hey! – Jeno smiled while walking towards you.

-Hey, ready to go? – You questioned while smiling at your friend.

-Sure! But did you notice that Eunju is walking through the corridors again? It's creepy. – Jeno mentioned, making you chuckle slightly.

-Let her look around. I don't want more trouble for today, so let's go. – You said, which Jeno nodded for in response. You were about to walk away from the floor, but suddenly, you heard someone calling your name.

-Ms. Cha, are you getting ready to leave? – Jaemin questioned, making you feel slightly nervous.

-Yes, Mr. Na. I need to finish the presentation for the first delivery with the rest of my team. – You explained while stepping next to Jeno.

-Aren't you dating?  - Jeno questioned, confused.

-Yes. -  You discretely answered while glancing at Jaemin.

-Jaemin-ah, we will work this afternoon on the project. It's true what Narae is telling you. – Jeno spoke, smiling at his friend, but Jaemin's expression didn't change. He's still soberly staring at both.

-Ms. Cha, the presentation needs to get done without goofing around. I need it on my desk for the first hour in the morning. – Jaemin spoke, making you look at him, confused.

-Wait, we barely started today. – You pointed out, forgetting all formalities by Jaemin's sudden attitude.

-Ms. Cha, remember that this is a professional workspace, and I'm your boss. So, respect is the first thing that comes when we are talking between us. – Jaemin claimed, making you feel upset.

What's his problem? Where did the lovely Jaemin go?

You took a deep breath while holding your bag slightly tighter. But before you could say anything to Jaemin, Jeno stepped to the front.