𝟎𝟕 | "Tʜᴇ Iʀᴏɴ Wᴀʟʟ"

A/N: Hello, readers! I'm gonna be putting both of the Date Tech match episodes into one chapter, just to make it easier for me. Enjoy!

edited on march 2nd, 2021 @ 11:12am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER SEVEN - THE IRON WALL

TAKASHI AND NAGATA WATCHED AS the second match was about to begin. Karasuno all got into positions, Tanaka was in the front with Tobio, Hinata with Asahi, and Nishinoya and Daichi in the back.

TWEEEET!

"Bring it on!" Nishinoya yelled.

"Let's do this!" Tanaka shouted.

Takashi watched as the guy from Dateko serves. "Kamasaki, nice serve." A teammate of his shouts, as Kamasaki spikes the ball over the net. "Daichi." Nishinoya called out as the ball went over to their captain, who saves it.

"Nice receive." Tobio praised as he gets under the ball to set, Tobio jumps up as Hinata jumps up to spike. Takashi widened his eyes when he saw that the team member with no eyebrows notices where Hinata was and went over to block.

Hinata gave the ball a soft hit, as the ball touches the ground on the other side of the court, Karasuno got a point, but just barely.

"All right! Nice spike, Hinata!" Tanaka yelled, cheering on Hinata. Takashi watched as the big guy with no eyebrows walked away from the net.

"Dateko's #7... He can read-block. That's gonna be troublesome for Karasuno." Takashi stated.

"I agree. Let's see how this plays out." Nagata added.

Date Tech's coach, Oiwake Takurō, looked up at the stands to see Takashi and Nagata watching the match.

"So Fukuda was right. He is spectating." Coach Oiwake thought.

(Flashback)

"Hey, everyone! Not to put pressure on you or anything, but my captain will be in the stands during the match." Fukuda told Date Tech before their match started.

"You mean the captain and setter for Japan's National Team is here? As in the famous volleyball player, Kageyama Takashi?" Moniwa questioned.

"Yes?"

"And you expect us to calm down, Fukuda-san?!"

"Well, I don't think he's really here to scout. We usually do that at nationals. His little brother is the main setter for Karasuno, not to mention it was his high school team. So he's most likely here to support them." Fukuda explained.

(End Flashback)

Soon it was Tobio's turn to serve, as he spun the ball. "Kageyama, nice serve." Daichi encouraged.

"Nice serve. Let's score." Hinata added. Tobio did a jump serve, however, the ball was going to Dateko's libero.

The libero saves it as the guy with no eyebrows spikes it down, however, Nishinoya was there to save the ball. "Ryu, sorry. Cover." Nishinoya spoke up as Tanaka nodded and got ready to cover for him.

"All right." Tanaka assured as he held his arms out.

"Back!" Asahi announced his way, making him glance over and nod.

"Asahi!" Tanaka called out to him, sending the ball over. Asahi jumps up and spikes down the ball, however, he got blocked.

Dateko had gained a point when the ball dropped to Karasuno's side of the court. "Damn." Nishinoya growled.