𝟎𝟏 | "Tʜᴇ Eᴍᴘᴇʀᴏʀ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to the first chapter! I also forgot to mention that this takes place after the practice match against Aoba Johsai. But before Golden Week and the practice match with Nekoma. Enjoy the chapter!

edited on august 29th, 2020 @ 9:47am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER ONE - THE EMPEROR

Beep! Beep! Beep!

TAKASHI'S ALARM WENT OFF AT 7am as he groaned and quickly turned it off so it wouldn't wake up his partner. "Kashi, why are you up so early?" His boyfriend, Udai Tenma asked.

"Volleyball practice... Remind me why I decided to do it professionally?" Takashi replied as he groaned once more, sitting up from the bed.

"Because you wanted to be someone that your brother looks up too?" Tenma guessed.

"Yeah but... Volleyball isn't the same without you to spike my tosses." Takashi admitted. "Miura is a great ace and all. But he's not you."

Tenma smiled as he kissed Takashi. "Oh, I almost forgot. I'm going to Karasuno today. Keishin wanted me to help train the current volleyball team." Takashi said.

"Weren't you just at Date Tech last week?" Tenma questioned.

"Yeah. But Keishin told me that Karasuno is going against Nekoma at the end of Golden Week, and he wants me to help train them for it." Takashi explained.

"Sometimes I hate how you're a famous volleyball player. All these high schools want you to train them." Tenma said.

Takashi chuckled, getting up from the bed as he put on a black shirt, black shorts, and his white tennis shoes. "I'm excited to meet Karasuno's current volleyball team though. All I know is that Tobio is their new setter." He said.

"Taking after his brother, huh?" Tenma said. Takashi rolled his eyes playfully as he placed extra clothes in his volleyball bag and put on his Japan National Volleyball Team jacket.

"Bye Ten. I'll see you later." Takashi said, using his nickname that he gave him when they were in high school as he kissed him goodbye.

Takashi finally arrived at the gym where his team played. "Takashi! You're finally here." A male with messy black hair and gray eyes greeted.

This man was known as Matsuda Ren. Despite him being 177 cm, he was a great libero on Japan's National Team. He also graduated from Nekoma. Which is why some of their teammates were shocked when him and Takashi became friends.

"Good morning, Ren." Takashi yawned.

"Did you hear about Karasuno's practice match against Nekoma?" Matsuda asked.

"Yeah. Keishin wanted me to stop by their practice so I could train the current volleyball team." Takashi replied.

"Guess we'll be rivals then." Matsuda said as Takashi raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Nekomata wanted me to come watch the practice match between them and give a few pointers to the current team. I'm assuming you're going too?"

"I most likely will. I want to watch Tobio. I never went to watch his junior high matches because I was busy during those times. I think Tobio hates me because of it." Takashi responded.

"He's your younger brother. He could never hate you. I think he understands that you're busy being a professional volleyball player. You'd do anything for him." Matsuda reminded him.

"If you say so... I still think he still has a grudge on me because I taught Oikawa how to set and not him." Takashi said.

"Oikawa... Isn't he that third-year at Aoba Johsai?" Matsuda questioned.