𝟐𝟑 | "Nᴇxᴛ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to the next chapter! Also, "Deadchi" jokes will not be tolerated. They're not funny. Enjoy the chapter!

edited on september 14th, 2021 @ 7:01am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE - NEXT

IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT JOHZENJI was more focused and no longer pulling anything reckless like in the first set. Takashi watched as Tobio and Tsukishima jumped up to block a spike. But the spike was a feint.

"A feint!" Nishinoya exclaimed, as Daichi dived down to save it but was unsuccessful.

"Yahoo!" Johzenji cheered as Takashi sighed and looked at the scoreboard.

Karasuno

19

Johzenji

15

Takashi looked back at the game as he saw Tsukishima spike down the ball, but it got saved. He sees Johzenji's setter jump up to spike, as Tobio also jumped up to block, however the setter instead changed position in mid-air and tossed the ball to someone else. Takashi held back a snicker at his brother's expression.

"Those guys are pissing me off with their annoying tricks." Uyeda mumbled.

"Johzenji seems to be doing well after their time out." Nagata pointed out.

"I agree. They're starting to play serious now. That's not good." Takashi said.

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

Takashi watched as Tanaka spiked down the volleyball, but the ball got saved by their Number 7, in which Terushima quickly sets the ball up.

"It's up! Last hit!"

Takashi watched with narrowed eyes. He smirked in pride when Tsukishima jumped up and blocked the ball, making Karasuno get a point when the volleyball hit the court.

"Shut out!" Uyeda and Kobayashi exclaimed while Takashi and Nagata chuckled at their two juniors.

"Man, that Tsukishima guy you told me about reminds me a lot about myself back when I played for Karasuno." Uyeda sighed. "I was the blocker who pissed our opponents off. I'm sure it's going to be the same for Tsukishima."

"Tsukishima, nice serve!" Daichi encouraged as the blonde was up to serve. Takashi saw that Hinata was now back in the game.

Takashi watched the game continue when Tsukishima served, Daichi managed to receive the ball as Hinata raced off. "Nice receive!" Tanaka complimented. Takashi widened his eyes when he saw that Johzenji's blockers weren't crowding Hinata like they were before.

Hinata spikes down the ball, in which someone receives it, but the ball almost touched the court when it bounced off the libero's arms, Terushima was quick to react when he kicked the ball back up, and Takashi watched as their Number 7 jumped up and slammed down the ball, getting a point.

Takashi narrowed his eyes a little. "I see now... Instead of blocking Hinata, they're receiving his quick instead." He explained.

"Even I have to admit, that's a smart move." Kobayashi added.

Takashi saw that Karasuno had 20 points with Johzenji catching up with 18 points.

Soon the game continued when Johzenji served the volleyball into the air. "Got it!" Nishinoya called out as he received the ball, in which Tobio tossed it up to Hinata. Takashi was a little surprised on how Hinata zoned in on an open spot as he slammed it down and got Karasuno a point.