𝟒𝟖 | "Rᴇᴛᴜʀɴ"

A/N: Some of you may hate Takashi in this chapter? Depends on how you look at it. Anyways, enjoy!

edited on april 21st, 2022 @ 8:43pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT - RETURN

TOBIO THREW THE BALL UP before tossing the ball for Tanaka, who jumped up and was able to get past the blockers. "Nice, Tanaka!" Daichi complimented.

"What'd you just say?" Nishinoya questioned, still irritated from what Tobio had said. Both him and Tobio stared at each other.

"You were blocking the back the back row attacker's approach." Tobio informed.

"Huh? W-Was he?" Yachi asked.

"I'm not sure." Kiyoko replied. "Everyone's moving on their own, so I couldn't really tell."

"Gotcha." Nishinoya simply said before turning around and walking away.

"I didn't notice at all." Sugawara commented.

"The fact that Kageyama realized that while they were playing and the fact that Nishinoya realized it after he was told is pretty amazing." Ennoshita said.

"I'm more amazed that he talked to Nishinoya-san like that..." Yamaguchi stated.

Tanaka walked up to Tobio. "You could've said it in a different way." He informed.

"Like how?" Tobio asked.

Tanaka then had an intimidated look on his face. "The hell did you just say?" He questioned until Daichi grabbed onto his head.

"All right. I'm gonna stop you right there." Daichi turned and bowed to the Date Tech referee. "Sorry about that."

Tsukishima was eying Tobio. "I mean, Nishinoya under normal circumstances is one thing, but complaining to Nishinoya while they're playing is a first." Kinoshita commented.

"Kageyama sure is something." Narita added.

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

Date Tech was currently in the lead with 16 points while Karasuno had 14. Tobio tosses the ball for Tsukishima who jumps up and spikes.

"One touch!"

"Their blocking is on point today!" Nametsu Mai, Date Tech's second-year manager, commented next to Oiwake.

"Yeah." Oiwake agreed.

"They've been pumped ever since they heard that they were going up against Karasuno!" Nametsu mentioned.

"Just a while ago, they'd get distracted by the spikers on the sides, so they'd spread out more, but they're holding their ground in the middle." Oiwake said.

The ball was spiked as Nishinoya dived down to receive it. "Nice!" Daichi complimented

Tobio tossed over towards Tsukishima who spiked past the two blockers. "Nice kill!" Both Hinata and Yamaguchi complimented.

"That should've been a good one." Tobio thought while Daichi gave Tsukishima a high five. "The same as usual."

"What?" Tsukishima suddenly questioned at Tobio. "I hit it over. If you have something to say, just say it."

Tobio said nothing as he just walked away. The ball went back into the air as Nishinoya received it.

"Kageyama!" Nishinoya called out as Tobio ran over and got into setting position.