𝟑𝟔 | "Tʜᴇ Hᴀʟᴏ Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Tʜᴇ Mᴏᴏɴ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on december 16th, 2021 @ 5:16am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX - THE HALO AROUND THE MOON

BOTH KARASUNO AND SHIRATORIZAWA WERE tied with 22 points. "Nishinoya, nice receive!" Daichi complimented.

"It was only possible because you all narrowed the gap." Nishinoya grinned.

"Great job on the block timing!" Asahi told Tsukishima.

"Oh, right." Tsukishima nodded in reply.

TWEEEET!

"Asahi, nice serve!" Daichi called out as Asahi bounced the ball, getting ready for his serve. Asahi did his jump serve which ended up being in as Karasuno cheered.

"Seriously?" Saito commented.

"All right, they broke through!" Kobayashi cheered.

"Take this set!" Uyeda shouted.

"Asahi, one more! Nice serve!"

Asahi did his jump serve again but this time, Goshiki crouched down to receive it. "Nice receive!" Shirabu complimented. "Ohira-san!"

Tobio, Tsukishima and Tanaka got ready to block. "Ready, and..." Tsukishima began as the three of them jumped up the same time Leon did. However, Leon ended up doing a feint at the last minute.

"Feint!" Nishinoya called out as Daichi barely received it on time.

"Sorry! It's going—" Daichi started to say but was interrupted when Tendou jumped up and spiked the ball down before anyone could react.

"Victory!" Tendou cheered.

"Not yet. We still need two points." Ushijima informed, pointing to the scoreboard that had both teams tied at 23.

"Just how righteous are you?" Tendou questioned.

"This puts Ushiwaka on the back line." Takashi commented.

"But... that means he gets to serve." Nagata informed.

Takashi turned his gaze to the other side of the court to see Ushijima was up to serve as the whistle blew. Ushijima jumped up and did his jump serve.

"It's mine!" Daichi shouted, receiving the ball.

Asahi quickly covered for him. "Get the last one over!" He exclaimed.

"Ryu!" Nishinoya shouted.

"Got it!" Tanaka replied, receiving the ball over the net.

"Chance ball!" Goshiki called out, saving the volleyball.

"Gimme!" Tendou said, running forward. However, Shirabu did a setter dump as Tsukishima tried to block it. Shiratorizawa ended up getting a point due to Nishinoya being late on receiving the ball.

Shiratorizawa was now at match point. "Sorry. It would have been better if I hadn't touched it." Tsukishima apologized.

"Nah, I wouldn't have been able to get that either way." Nishinoya reassured.

"This isn't where we relax!"

"Right!"

"They got the set point first!" Kobayashi exclaimed in irritation.

TWEEEET!

Ushijima did another jump serve as Daichi received it on time. "Cover!" Daichi shouted.