𝟎𝟗 | "Tʜᴇ Tʜɪʀᴅ Dᴀʏ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on april 27th, 2021 @ 4:40pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER NINE - THE THIRD DAY

"YOU LOOK STRESSED, TAKASHI." Matsuda said the next day at their practice. "And don't tell me it's nothing. I'm your best friend. I can read you like a book."

"Wedding planning." Takashi replied. "Ten and I can't get out of Japan to have our wedding, so we're holding it as privately as possible. One of my juniors back in high school has a father who's a marriage officiant. Says that he can marry us secretly."

"I'm definitely gonna invite all of you guys and my old high school team. That is if I can contact them all. Who knows where they went after high school." Takashi continued. "I'm not too sure if I want to invite Tobio's teammates though. Will that be too much people?"

"Do they even know you're getting married?"

"No." Takashi responded. "Well, except Keishin. But he said he wouldn't tell the team."

"And I still need to find a best man! Ten already found his. I can't believe my own childhood friend turned his back on me to be my fiancé's best man." Takashi ranted on, remembering that Nagata had called him saying Tenma had asked him.

"Don't you have that high school friend of yours? Tsukishima Akiteru? You could ask him."

"He was on my list. But there's also you, Tōru and Tobio as well." Takashi sighed as he tossed the ball up for Miura, who spiked it successfully.

Japan had a game coming up in a few weeks with Korea, so they were practicing as much as they could.

"Wow. Your old high school is small compared to Shiratorizawa." Miura commented when the two of them arrived at Karasuno.

Takashi scoffed. "Not all high schools are filled with snobby rich kids, you know." He said.

"Sorry, sorry. Forgot this was where you met the love of your life."

Takashi led Miura to the gym as he opened the doors. "Good, everyone returned." He said as everyone stopped what they were doing.

"Hello, coach Takashi."

"Hello, everyone." Takashi replied, walking into the gym. "If you don't mind, I brought one of my teammates along with me. This is Miura Kenta, Japan's ace."

"You're Japan's ace?!" Hinata exclaimed while Asahi just paled. Nishinoya was patting his shoulder.

"That's correct."

"I brought Miura here with me because I need to teach Tobio my Emperor toss. I don't want to hurt any of you, Ten is currently... busy, and Miura is the only one who's coordinated with me." Takashi explained.

Tobio widened his eyes. "You're finally teaching me it?" He questioned.

"Of course. You guys are aiming for nationals, right? I think it's about time you learn it."

Miura was staring at Asahi. "Hmm... You're Karasuno's ace, correct?" He asked.

"Y-Yes!"

Takashi smacked the back of his head. "Ah, captain!" Miura exclaimed, rubbing his head in pain.

"Stop that! You're making Asahi nervous!" Takashi shouted angrily at him.

"I was just seeing if he's worthy enough to do your toss. Besides, he can't be nervous when it comes to performing it."