𝟐𝟗 | "Tʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴍᴇʀ Cᴏᴡᴀʀᴅ's Fɪɢʜᴛ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on october 30th, 2021 @ 5:18am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE - THE FORMER COWARD'S FIGHT

Takashi was sitting with Keishin when Yamaguchi came up to him. "Ukai-san..." Yamaguchi spoke up as Keishin and Takashi looked up.

"I'm sorry for wasting my chance." Yamaguchi said as he bowed. "How effectively you serve will determine if you can win or not. I heard your direction during the Fukurōdani match and understood it... and I understood my role. And then I thought I wanted to be able to fight, too... But... I ran away at the last minute."

Yamaguchi stood back up. "Please... Give me one more chance."

TAKASHI SAW THAT KYOTANI WAS next to serve. Kyotani throws the volleyball high in the air as he did a jump serve. Takashi winced when he saw how he slammed the ball over the net as Daichi managed to receive it, but he fell over from the impact of the powerful serve.

"Sorry! It's long!"

"Mattsun!"

Takashi's eyes followed the ball as it goes towards Aoba Johsai, as Matsukawa scores a point when he spiked the ball down. Takashi took a look at the scores.

Aoba Johsai

23

Karasuno

18

"Damn it... This isn't good." Kobayashi sighed.

"Seijoh's #16 is finally finding his groove." Uyeda agreed. "They're ahead by five..."

Takashi saw Asahi telling the others to scoot back a bit, making them do so, as the ball gets served once more. Kyotani does his jump serve as Tanaka was quick on his feet as he crouched down and saved the ball.

"Tanaka!"

"Yeah!"

The volleyball goes to Tobio who jumps and sets to Hinata who quickly hits it down, getting Karasuno a point, making Takashi sigh in relief.

Hinata was serving next. "Shoyo, nice serve!" Nishinoya encouraged.

Takashi smirked when he saw how Yamaguchi was taking Hinata's place as pinch server.

"Pardon me. We're switching players." Takeda informed as Takashi saw Yamaguchi walk onto the court with confidence. He watched as Hinata jogged over to grab the number plate from Yamaguchi.

"Oh, there he is. The scaredy cat pinch server."

"Right. The guy who was in the match with WakaNan, too. Though I totally understand getting freaked out. I would hate having to serve during a pinch."

"Yamaguchi, get 10 points!" Hinata exclaimed, making Yamaguchi stare at him.

"That'd end the match..."

Hinata then offered the ball to Yamaguchi. "I'd forgive you." Hinata told him as Yamaguchi smiled and nodded. Tanaka and Asahi looked at Yamaguchi with nerves.

"G-Go give 'em one, Yamaguchi!" Tanaka stuttered as Asahi was stiff.

"Y-You gotta k-keep your cool!" Asahi added on.