𝟏𝟐 | "Gʀᴇᴇᴅ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on july 9th, 2021 @ 8:00pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER TWELVE - GREED

"GATHER 'ROUND!" Daichi shouted as Karasuno ran towards their two coaches. They were about to play a game with Nekoma, so all of them had determined looks.

"Our first game today is with Nekoma. How did we do yesterday?" Ukai asked before he asked Kiyoko for some of her notes from yesterday's games.

Kiyoko gets her notebook before flipping through the pages. "This will be our third set overall with Nekoma. Yesterday, we had two sets against them and lost both, 17-25 and 19-25." She informed.

"Well, that just means we haven't won a set off of them yet. But if we calm down and give it all we've got; we should be able to give them a good challenge." Ukai smiled as Takashi noticed him glancing over at Nekoma who were surrounding their own coach as well as Matsuda.

"Hinata and Kageyama, this is your first Nekoma set in a while, isn't it? You guys go beat them up a bit!" Ukai encouraged.

"Right!" Tobio and Hinata shouted in unison.

TWEEEEET!

Karasuno turned around as they headed off onto the court to play. "Nice serve, Fukunaga!" Yaku's voice broke Takashi out of his thoughts as he looked towards the opposing team.

However, his eyes were more fixed on Lev who was smirking at Hinata. Takashi looked over at the orange haired male who wasn't smirking back but instead just narrowed his eyes at the tall male on the other side of the court.

"Come on! Bring it!" Hinata exclaimed once everyone was ready to begin. Karasuno faced down their destined rivals with them giving them the same determination back.

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

The ball was up in the air as Nishinoya dived down to receive it. "Nice receive!" Tanaka called out, as the ball made it's way towards Tobio who sets to Hinata and the duo do their famous quick attack, making Karasuno score a point.

"All right!"

"Damn it, that's amazing!" Takashi heard Lev announce, amazed by the attack.

"Shake it off, Lev! That was close!" Yamamoto yelled to him.

"Yes sir!" Lev replied as Takashi narrowed his eyes as the volleyball was served once more. The volleyball goes back and forth from both teams, as Daichi crouched down and saved it.

"Nice receive, Daichi!" Tanaka praised. Takashi noticed Hinata run forward and jump up.

Tobio and Hinata do their attack once more, except this time, Lev was able to read the attack as he used his height to successfully block the ball. Nekoma gains a point when the ball lands on Karasuno's side.

"All right!"

"He actually did it!"

Takashi glanced back to Hinata who had his back faced to him, so he couldn't tell what expression he had. Lev was walking by to get his original position, but he stopped to stare at the orange haired male, at first nothing happened between the two, until Takashi saw him lift his arm up and did a motion for Hinata to come at him.

Tobio walked over to say something to Hinata, but Takashi was too far to hear what he was saying. But he did see Hinata had a calm but eerie look on his face. Takashi looked away to see that Kenma was serving.