𝟏𝟏 | "Cᴇɴᴛᴇʀ Aᴄᴇ"

A/N: I've finally done editing season one! Enjoy the chapter!

edited on june 13th, 2021 @ 11:31am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER ELEVEN - CENTER ACE

IT WAS A LONG DRIVE from Miyagi to Tokyo, but the Karasuno volleyball team eventually made it. Excluding Hinata and Tobio since the duo had to stay back to do their supplementary exams. Takashi felt bad about leaving them behind, especially since they were excited, but it couldn't be helped.

When Takashi exited the bus with everyone else, Nishinoya and Tanaka quickly looked up to see a transmission tower, to which they mistook it for something else entirely different.

"Is that..."

"Could that be..."

"The Skytree?"

Takashi snorted at the two second-years, since it was clearly not the Skytree. "No, that's just a transmission tower." Kai Nobuyuki, Nekoma's vice captain, had corrected with a sheepish but amused look.

Kuroo, who was beside his teammate, had turned away and hunched over a bit, while grabbing his stomach and letting out a hyena-like laugh.

"Here we are, Tokyo!" Nishinoya and Tanaka shouted.

"And I thought my team was chaotic." Takashi thought, sweat dropping as he did so.

"The scenery's different from Miyagi." Takashi heard Asahi comment, as he looked around with Sugawara at his side.

"Well, we're in the suburbs." Sugawara informed with a smile, as Takashi noticed behind the two third-years to see Nishinoya was pushing Tsukishima around with Yamaguchi tiredly following.

"Walk faster!" Nishinoya ordered as Tsukishima had a look of annoyance.

Takashi blinked at the two, before sighing in disappointment.

"Hey, Takashi. Feeling any better?" The older Kageyama looked up to find Matsuda walking towards him and looking at his knee brace.

"Mm. I'm fine, Ren. Don't need to worry about me." Takashi reassured him. "I've decided to use my hiatus to help Karasuno more. I'm starting to wonder if this is how Nagata felt with our team back then."

Matsuda laughed. "You guys were a handful, but you were the best group there." He commented as the two entered the gym.

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

Karasuno had gone to get their gym uniforms which was their white shirts with their uniform shorts that they wore for official games. When they got to the gym, Takashi scanned every team that was there.

"Let's play!"

Takashi looked around to see what kinds of teams where present.

Ubugawa High Volleyball Club.

Shinzen Volleyball Club.

Fukurōdani Academy.

"And then there's also Nekoma and Karasuno. All of the schools here have really high stats. Can we really win against them?" Takashi noted, feeling a little nervous.

"Once we're done with our warm-ups, we'll regroup, and the teams will play each other in rotation." Kuroo spoke up.

"Right!" Daichi responded, as Kuroo did his famous smirk.