𝟏𝟖 | "Aʙᴏᴠᴇ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to the last chapter of the training camp arc! Enjoy!

edited on august 8th, 2021 @ 8:34am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - ABOVE

THROUGHOUT THE GAME, Bokuto was different. He didn't do any spikes and always had a blank look on his face. Fukurōdani gained another point.

It went on like this for a few more times, and Fukurōdani gets another point. Takashi sighed and looked at the scoreboard.

Karasuno

22

Fukurōdani

22

"A tie... How frustrating..." Takashi thought.

"M-Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it doesn't seem like Fukurōdani is fazed at all." Takeda pointed out.

"Yeah..." Keishin agreed.

"Almost like they're used to his antics." Takashi chuckled a bit. "I don't know why, but it's somehow amusing to me."

He watched as the ball gets saved and some of the Fukurōdani players get ready to run, making Takashi think what Akaashi might do, Tobio who was going to block was most likely wondering the same thing. However, Takashi widened his eyes when Akaashi didn't toss to anyone and performed a setter dump, gaining a point for his team.

"Oh? A dump? To be quite honest, I probably would've made the same move." Takashi noted. "Damn, Fukurōdani's setter is really amazing. I have to make a mental note to talk with him later."

They continued with the game as Asahi spiked the ball down but the libero receives it, the ball soon goes back up.

The ball gets spiked as it went past Nishinoya and Fukurōdani got another point.

"Damn it. They're at match point now." Takashi thinks to himself.

"Apparently Fukurōdani isn't a team that Bokuto pulls, but is a team where all of the other members pull Bokuto." Ukai mumbled.

The game continued. Takashi smirked when Tobio and Tsukishima blocked the volleyball and they get a point.

"Whoa!" Konoha exclaimed, surprised by the block.

"Totally shut out!" Sugawara, Hinata and Yamaguchi exclaimed from the sidelines. It was now Asahi's turn to serve as Takashi watched him concentrate, the ball goes over the net but got saved as Akaashi praised the receive and got into position to set.

He noticed that Bokuto was getting restless, as he kept giving begging glances to Akaashi, Takashi narrowed his eyes, already knowing who Akaashi was going to set too.

Takashi watched as Akaashi tossed the ball, Tsukishima and Tobio watched it and both widened their eyes in realization as they follow the ball, as Takashi saw Bokuto charging forward, slamming down the volleyball powerfully.

TWEEEET!

Everyone was panting as the game ended with Fukurōdani winning.

Takashi looked back to the opposing team to see Akaashi nod over to his three teammates who nod back and turn to Bokuto with smiles on their faces.

"Whoo! Ace!"

"That was awesome!"

"In the end, it just has to be the ace!"