𝟐𝟎 | "A Sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ Aɴᴅ Pᴜʀᴇ Sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ"

A/N: Hello, readers! I just realized I should probably publish the prequel, lmao. Some of y'all probably don't know who these random OC's I keep mentioning are. But in case you don't, the OC's I mention/have mentioned are the people from Takashi's high school team.

Enjoy!

edited on august 19th, 2021 @ 8:01am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER TWENTY - A SIMPLE AND PURE STRENGTH

TAKASHI ALMOST FLINCHED WHEN HE saw Yamaguchi almost get a ball spiked to the head by the tall player from Kakugawa. Yachi also freaked out at the sight of him. Soon, the game began as both teams lined up and bowed to one another.

"Are you sure they'll be fine, Kageyama-san?" Sakai asked.

Takashi smirked. "They'll be fine, Sakai-chan. You have to give them some credit, you know? We may not have a player that's two meters tall, but that doesn't matter. They'll win no matter what." He said.

TWEEET!

"Tsukishima, nice serve!"

Tsukishima serves the ball as a player from Kakugawa received it. The ball goes to the setter as the setter tosses the ball to the tallest player.

"A daring, straight, head-to-head competition!"

"Hopefully the ace's first shot will set the mood." Ukai Sr spoke up.

Takashi watched as Tanaka runs over towards Hinata and Tobio as he got ready to block the attack with them.

The three of them jump up, however Takashi clicked his tongue in annoyance when he saw that the tall player was going to smack the ball over them. The ball touched the court, making Kakugawa gain the first point.

The game continues with the ball going up.

"Coming in from the left!"

"Hyakuzawa!"

The ball gets smacked down again by the tall player, Nishinoya shifted over and received the ball back into the air. "Sorry, cover!" Nishinoya announced. Tanaka ran over to the ball, watching it as he narrowed his eyes before looking over at Hinata.

"Hinata, get the last!" Tanaka encouraged before sending the ball over to Hinata.

Hinata jumps up, Takashi saw how he was going to do a feint, but sadly Hyakuzawa stopped the ball with ease, making the ball go back down on the court and the opposing team getting another point.

Hinata pouted before turning to Tanaka. "Sorry! The ball was a little low." He apologized as the second-year patted his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it."

Takashi looked around to see that more people have came to watch the match.

"There's even more people now. This guy on Kakugawa's team must be a big deal." Takashi thinks to himself, looking over to the opposing team and narrowed his eyes.

"Something wrong, senpai?"

"It's strange." Takashi began as Sakai raised an eyebrow. "Even though he's two meters tall, his stats are really low."

"Huh? Are you serious?!"

"Wow, he's big."

"Oh, Mikako-sensei."

"Oh? Hello, Onoya-san!"

"This is my neighbor. Mikako-sensei is the adviser for a junior high volleyball club." Onoya explained.