Chapter 26

"When you asked me to drive you to get your nails done, I didn't think it would take this long." I hear Simon complain, as I slide into the passenger seat of his car.

I shrug, trying to hide the grin on my face. "A deal is a deal. Now you get to drink later, while I soberly watch you make a fool of yourself."

"Why does it feel like a lose-lose situation for me."

"Because it is. Have you seen you drunk?"

He gives me an unimpressed glance, before backing out of the parking spot. When he doesn't say anything I decide to keep going. "I mean I thought I'd have to get you drunk to let me drive your car, but you didn't put up much of a fight yesterday."

"Starting to regret that now." He mutters, signalling to turn left. "You're only getting it because I now have the means to fix it afterwards."

"Since when did I become a bad driver?"

"Since you put a dent in the back of my old car."

I scoff. "I wasn't even the one behind the wheel."

When we pull up at a stop light, he glances towards me with a smug look. "But you were the one who managed to drop the handbrake when you were climbing across it."

"That's so not what happened."

"Sure it isn't. Just like you didn't just get your nails done."

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"So everyone's there?" Layla whispers through the speaker.

I glance around Harry's. "Everyone I know is here. There's a shitload of others too, how much people did you invite?"

"Go big or go home, babe." She clears her throat. "I've got to go he's coming downstairs."

"Are they on their way yet?"

I nod, turning to Abi. "Shouldn't be much longer. They're leaving now."

Abi and I announce the birthday boys impending arrival, leading to everyone settling down.

I slip into the seat beside Simon at one of the tables that had been set up. I had to give it to Layla, her party planning skills were amazing. Upstairs in Harry's had been transformed, with circular tables like the ones at wedding receptions, were surrounding the dance floor.

"Water in a wine glass?" I grin, once I notice the glass that Simon has left in front of me.

"Didn't want you to feel left out."

"You're not drinking?" I raise my eyebrow when I notice the nonexistent alcohol in front of him.

Simon shakes his head. "I might have one, but the last of the delivery's are arriving early in the morning so I'm hoping to be ready to open Monday."

Layla and Harrison arrive a few minutes later. After everyone shouting surprise, and Harrison seeming pretty surprised, they make their way towards us.

"And that is how you keep a secret about a surprise party." Layla grins, referencing Abi's coming home party.

Abi laughs, leaning her head against Hayden's chest, while Hayden playfully rolls his eyes. "It was one time."