Chapter 7

Simon's PoV

"Five bucks says you're about to get your ass handed back to you by the best friend." Hayden smirks from beside me.

I roll my eyes. "Shut up."

"Oh don't act like you don't find this funny." He puffs.

I roll my eyes. "Why are you really here, Hayden?"

"Blew the rest of my cash."

"So now we're both going to move into my ex girlfriends house, when she doesn't even want one of us here?"

"Correction," Isabella walks back into the living room, with her best friend trailing behind her, shooting me the death glare. Which I clearly deserve. "Hayden seems cool, I never said I didn't want him here."

She sits back down in the same chair as earlier, looking slightly more defeated, haunted even.

It's your fault douchebag.

"I always have been the preferred guy, between us two." Hayden smirks.

"Are you always so cocky?" Abi looks towards Hayden, with a grin on her face.

"Hanging our with him?" Hayden points towards me. "Confidence comes naturally. No competition."

I don't even acknowledge his words, I'm too busy scrutinising the blonde in the room. Who has yet to look up from studying her hands, since she last spoke.

"So you seriously haven't left this place since you got here?" And turns her attention towards me after a few minutes.

I shake my head. "That would probably mean I'd run into my sister."

Abi nods. "Well, tomorrow that will change." I raise a confused eyebrow, before she continues. "My sister owns this boat, it's an hour drive from here, and with the bridezilla hell she's been putting me through these past few weeks, I shouldn't have a problem getting her to give me the keys."

"That sounds sick." Hayden grins. "We'll be there."

"I could come over around ten and we could carpool."

"Can't wait." Hayden throws her a wink and she rolls her eyes, causing me to smile. He's used to girls tripping over him.

Abu stands up and gives her friends arm a reassuring squeeze, I remind myself she's doing this for her. Not to get us out of the house, but I appreciate it anyway.

"See you guys then." She nods in our direction, as Isabella stands up to walk her to the door.

"Thanks." I nod my appreciation and goodbye.

When Isabella walks back into the living room, Hayden smirks. "Your friend is hot."

Isabella groans, dropping herself into her seat. "Are you two gonna spend all of tomorrow flirting with randoms?"

"Pffft, Simon flirt? He's been a mopey ass for the past six years."

I shoot him a warning glare, while Isabella seems intrigued.