Chapter 13

My left hand immediately snaps up to where the tattoo is. It was stupid of me to assume that she wouldn't be interested in the black ink that the bikini didn't cover but I couldn't bring myself to cover her name.

"Hey, you two." Simon shouts snapping both our attentions towards him. "We need two more players, Hayden needs some help."

I glance at Abi's before grabbing my stuff and making my way towards the boys. I drop my towel and sunglasses beside the rest of our stuff before joining Simons team. "We need to talk."

"Everything good?" He asks, a look of confusion in his expression.

"It's nothing major, so don't worry about it." I say before steeping away from him. "You guys ready to lose?" I direct my question to Hayden and Abi.

"Pffft" Hayden shakes his head. "We don't have to be ready because it's not gonna happen."

Three games later, Hayden huffs. "You two have got to be cheating. Was your college known for only accepting volleyball champions?"

I laugh, shaking my head and walking back towards our things to grab my purse. "No, but they definitely were big on their sports." I say, before directing my attention towards Simon. "Mind helping me get the next round of drinks?"

Simon nods, following me in the direction of the beach bar.

"What can I get you?" The bartender smiles politely.

I order the drinks, and turn to Simon once the bartender has walked away. I try to ignore the sharp intake of breath and goosebumps I get when his thumb grazes over the tattoo.

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about." I say, more breathlessly than I'd like to admit.

His thumb freezes. "What is it?"

I shake my head. "It's nothing serious, it's just as you can see I didn't cover the tattoo and Abi noticed an-"

"You wanted to ask me what to do?" He sighs and I nod. "Iz, you don't have to ask me. Sophie was yours just as much as mine, and if you want to tell the whole world, I'm fine with that."

"That might be a bit of a stretch." I smile. "But maybe talking to Abi would be good."

The bartender leaves the four beverages on front of us and I hand him to exact change. Simon picks up two of the glasses, while I pick up the other two.

"Wait, Simon." I wait for him to turn around before I continue. "You know the same goes for you right? I wouldn't stop you from telling anyone."

Simon shakes his head. "I don't deserve that opportunity, Iz."

I watch as he walks away, his head down and I can't help but wonder what's really changed him.

"Hey, Izzy. You good?" Abi stops beside me. "You seem a little lost."

"Sophie Young Bennett." My voice breaks, but I don't break eye contact with Simons retreating figure.

"Huh?"

I wipe away the single tear that falls down my cheek. "That would have been her name."

"I'm sorry babe, you've lost me?"

"That's what Simon and I were gonna call our little girl."

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"Girls night!" Olivia, Tammy, Layla, Abi and I say as we clink our glasses.

"Izzy girl, you did not come to play. That doesn't have anything to do with your housemate?" Layla smirks, referring to my outfit, which is a basic baby pink cropped cardigan and black leather skirt. My hairs in a messy high ponytail, and I'm wearing minimal makeup. I got my nails done earlier for our impending ski trip, which we're leaving for in two days.