Chapter 20

"Isabella." Demi, the colleague I was talking to just a few hours ago calls my name.

I stand up from the waiting room chair, waiting for any news that can be offered. It's been two hours since Simon and I arrived at the hospital and all we know is that Abi's been rushed into emergency surgery.

"How is she?" I ask, my voice hoarse.

Demi offers me a sympathetic smile. "She's out of surgery, the doctors have managed to stop any further bleeding but she's still unconscious."

"Can we see her?"

Demi nods. "Just give me a few minutes to get her all set up. I'll be back with the room number."

I nod. "Thanks Demi."

Demi gives my arm a reassuring squeeze. "She'll be ok, she's a fighter."

As Demi leaves the room, Simon walks back in. He's using his phone to balance two coffees.

"Thank you." I mumble, and take a small sip once he's handed me the coffee.

"Any updates?" Simon asks, his voice softer than usual.

I shake my head. "Just that she's out of surgery. What about you? Did you hear anything else from the cops?"

"A random shops footage shows the car looking like it looses control."

"What about Hayden? Have you told him?"

Simon sighs, sitting down and rubbing his eyes. "I couldn't get through to him, and I didn't think it would be right to leave a message when he could be half way across the globe."

I nod. "You're probably right. Hopefully we hear from him soon though."

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"Iz." Simons whisper, knocks my eyes away from Abi's bruised face.

"Hm?" I hum, before glancing back towards Abi.

"You've been sitting here for hours, you sure you don't want to go home and get some rest. I can stay here and let you know if anything comes up."

I shake my head. "I'm good."

Simon sighs. "If you won't go home, will you at least stretch your legs."

"If I leave the room for a few minutes will you get off my ass about it?"

Simon shrugs, looking like he's trying to hide a smirk, probably because that sentence was the most words I've said to him since we got in the car to rush to the hospital.

"If you leave the room, then I'll get off your ass for a few hours."

I push up from the seat and give Simon a stern look as I pass him. "Five minutes and I'll be back."

"I'll be counting."

I decide to spend the few minutes that I'm not spending in the room, showering in the staff bathroom. Thankfully I have a spare gym bag in my locker.

After my shower, I put on the white crop top and grey tracksuits. I pull my hair up into a high ponytail and splash my face with some water.