Chapter 1: First Impression

Chanyeol P.O.V

Yoora had a date with her husband, so she left her daughter Seo-Woo with me. She's 3 years old but her energy is more than a teenager. After dinner I tucked her in the bed and went for acshower.

After shower, I went to the living room to catch up with my TV shows when I suddenly heard Seo-Woo groaning. I went to my bedroom. She was sweating and her forehead creased. I ran to her and put my hand on her forehead realising she's burning.

Without any second thought, I picked her up and ran towards my car. I put her in child safety seat which I borrowed from my sister. I drove as fast as I could to the Yongha University Hospital.

I went straight to the 'Paediatric emergency unit.'

"Can you please check on her? She's completely fine a while ago but suddenly she started burning with fever." I said to the Doctor on call.

He checked on her and said,
"Sir, It's just due to sudden weather changes. You don't have to worry. I will prescribe some medicines and you can take her home."

"HOW CAN I NOT WORRY! I TOLD YOU SHE WAS FINE A WHILE AGO. GET SOME SENIOR DOCTOR TO CHECK ON HER OR I'LL REPORT A COMPLAINT AGAINST YOU." I yelled at him though I knew I shouldn't have, since I'm at in the emergency room.

I called Yoora and told her to come to the hospital. I didn't wanna panic her but I was too stressed to think about anything.

Rosé P.O.V

I was sleeping in the on-call room when suddenly an Intern came and woke me up. I didn't want to wake up but I sighed and asked in my sleepy tone,
"What is it?"

"Dr.Rosé there's a guy who brought his daughter. He's yelling and making people uncomfortable in the paediatrics ER." He said.

I sighed and stood up, picked my stethoscope and since it was cold I didn't wash my face rather I used a wet wipe and went to the ER.

I sanitised my hands and went near the patient. I checked on her and asked the intern to give her some fever reducers. I went near the stressed dad and said,
"I prescribed her some fever reducers. Her fever will subside in a while. Till then you can sit beside her. I'll come check on her in half an hour."

"15 minutes." He said.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"Come to check on her in 15 minutes." He said sternly.

What's wrong with this guy. It's a fever. Every kid gets that. But I was too tired to fight so I gave in.

"Okay, I'll come in 15."  I said leaving him with the kid.

I lost track of time. I went back and realised it's been 20 minutes. I hope he doesn't create a scene. To my surprise there was a woman seating beside the kid and he's not there.

I checked on her. And then asked the woman sitting beside her,
"Excuse me maam, do you have any idea where the guardian of this kid went to?"

"Oh I'm her mom. Is she okay?" She asked with concerned tone.

"Her fever is better than before. It's seasonal fever. And also if the fever doesn't subside give her the medicine I prescribed every 6 hours."  I said.

"Okay. Thank you Dr.." She said not knowing my name so I replied,

"Roseanne Park. Dr. Roseanne."