Chapter 3: The Contract

Rosé P.O.V

It was a Thursday evening and I was really busy at the hospital since one of the doctors was on leave. After getting done with my out-patients, I went to the ICU to check on a patient I operated on yesterday.

I went to the hospital's cafe for getting caffeine in my blood. I took my coffee just when my phone beeped. I took it out to read the message.

"Come to 'Ainsoft' at 5 pm."

I didn't recognise the number neither the place. So I replied,
"I'm sorry who is it?"

"The person you're getting married to soon." The reply came.

Shock will be a small word for what I just felt. I had been so busy lately that I forgot about this. It's 4:30pm already. I wanted time to get ready before meeting him since I don't wanna make a bad impression on our first encounter.

"I have some patients to check on. Will it be okay if I take an hour more?" I replied lying about the patient part since I was almost free.

"I'll give you an extra 30 minutes. See you at my office by 5:30." The reply came.

A memory of the patient's guardian who came a while ago with her niece flashed in my mind, how he asked me to come back in 15 minutes. What wrong with people being authoritative these days.

I went to my apartment and got ready and then I was about to reach my car when I realised I shouldn't take my car since it has been acting up for a while and I can't risk being late on our first meeting. I took a cab and it stopped in front of a big building. I was amazed by the view, I haven't been to any company except my dad's. But this company was magnificent than all the other companies in Seoul.

I went inside and was about to ask the receptionist for his office when something dawned upon me.

'Oh shit! I don't know his name.'
Should I ask him? Or should I ask my parents? I was about to call my parents when someone patted me from behind.

"Excuse me? I've been observing you for a few minutes, I saw you tensed and couldn't stand still so I came to ask if everything's alright?" The guy said.

"Everything is okay." I smiled meekly.

"You can tell me. I can solve everything. Not everyone gets this opportunity you know." He said smirking.

"Would he know the name of Mr. Park son?" I mumbled to myself.

"Chanyeol? You came here to see him. Are you Dr. Roseanne Park?" He asked.

"Yes. And you are..?" I asked while putting my phone back in pocket and sighing in relief.

"I'm Baekhyun. His best friend and co-owner of this company. Let me escort you to his office Ms.Roseanne." He said.

"Call me Rosé." I replied and he nodded smiling.

We were about to enter an elevator when I suddenly asked him,

"How about we take stairs? It'll be good for our health to walk." I said. I knew I sounded dumb but I can't tell him I'm afraid of closed spaces.

"I'm afraid that a walk for 41 floors won't be that pleasant for our health Dr.Rosé." He chuckled.

I looked at him and then the elevator. I can't just ride in right? I was about to say something when he got a call.

I stood there with him while he talked on phone. After putting his phone in his pocket he said,
"I'm sorry. I'll take my leave. It's nice meeting you. Floor 41. Ask the receptionist and she'll guide you to his room." He said signalling someone to bring his car.