Chapter 7: Few steps closer

Chanyeol P.O.V

"Sure. Can I choose please?" She asked pouting.

"Okay." I said and went to the washroom.

"Which movie did you choose?" I asked as I came outside while throwing towel on the couch.

She looked at the towel and then at me and then started typing on the laptop. I picked up the towel and put it back on the towel stand. Only she can make do this with her gaze within a day of closeness. I was grinning when I entered the room again.

"Can't choose?" I asked and she shook her head.

"You missed the chance. I'll be choosing one now." I said laying on the empty space next to her and she passed me the laptop.

I selected a horror movie and played it.

Rosé P.O.V

Why did he choose a horror movie? I thought Baek said he's a weak heart. I can't tell him I'm scared.
I gathered all my courage and started watching it.

We were only 20 minutes into the movie when a ghostly figure appeared from nowhere and unknowingly I screamed earning a grin from Chanyeol.

"It's not funny Mr. Park." I said.

"Mrs. Park is scared." He replied in a hoarse voice. I was taken back and to hide my blush I started to concentrate on the movie. I bought a pillow in front of my face which I used as a shield from the horror scenes.

There was silence and I knew a horror scene is setting in again. I was trying to not scream whenever the scene sets in but as it started I jumped over Chanyeol and hugged him.

His body was stiff but after a few seconds he patted my back. I hugged him for a few minutes and when I pulled over, he cupped my cheeks.

"Are you crying?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Liar." He said and pulled me into a warm hug again.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were scaredy cat." He said ruffling my hair.

And he turned off the movie and laid next to me. We had a staring competition when he broke the silence and said,
"Can I ask you a question?" He asked and I nodded.

"Were you and the guy who came earlier — umm —together?" He asked.

"No." I said instantaneously, "Just close friends."

"How long have you known him?" He asked.

"It's my turn to ask." I said and he gestured me to ask question.

"How many girls have you dated?" I asked.

"Two. I didn't take the first relationship serious and the second one didn't take me serious." He said in a defeated tone. His eyes sparkled at the moment as if he didn't want to think about that sad memory.

"7 years. I've known him for 7 years. But I met him after 6 months yesterday." I said changing the topic.

"Where do you see yourself in next ten years?" I asked.