Chapter 28: Revelation

Rosé P.O.V.

Wendy and I were having dinner. I was playing with the food placed in my plate. I didn't have any appetite neither I had energy to sleep or speak.

Wendy sighed and pleaded, "I know something is wrong and I'm waiting for you tell me Rosie. Please tell me what's wrong? Please."

"I don't want.." she cut me off saying, "I've heard the same excuses every-time I initiated this topic. But please Rosé tell me, I just have a bad feeling about all this. We promised not to hide anything, right?"

She sure knows how to make me spill things. I need to tell this to someone soon, there's no way I can deal with this person myself. I took a deep breath and started to tell her the story.

"I'm getting some threat letters. At first, I thought it was just someone who's jealous of me, perhaps a patient who's case went wrong but I can't remember anything this serious. But I can tell that it's much more than that. This person is threatening me almost everyday now, telling me to leave Chanyeol that led me to think if it was his fangirl or someone associated to him. Once when I was walking to the resident's room, I had the craziest feeling that I was being watched and I took it as a bad feeling. But these days, I have the feeling that I'm being watched at the hospital, at home, and wherever else I am." I replied shaking, goosebumps forming on my arms and my body. I tried to shake my fear but nothing was working.

"Did you tell him?" Wendy asked in a whisper and I shook my head, tears forming at the corner of my eyes thinking about Chan.

"I can't.. I can't," I said crying.

"Rosé you should tell-" suddenly she went silent, looking behind me with her widened eyes, shocked face and whispered "Loey!"

I turned around to find Chanyeol standing there. I could see anger written all over his face and his clenched jaw. He held my wrist dragging me out of Wendy's apartment, his grip was painfully strong while I tried my best not to hiss with pain and make Wendy worry.

He pushed me to the passenger seat and rushed himself to driving seat driving us to home without saying anything. I couldn't even hear air rustle the entire ride.

As he parked his car, he pushed me inside our home with strong grip on my wrist and this time I couldn't control myself so I muttered a small 'Ounch,' and his grip loosened a little without leaving my wrist completely.

As we entered inside he left me and went to our room. I took cautious steps towards our room, and I took a seat next to him. My fingers were trembling when I placed my hand on his arm.

"Chan, what's wrong?" I whispered, my heart rate accelerating. My heart was pounding loudly in my chest, and I just knew that something was terribly wrong. Silence. Cold, icy, hard silence.

"Say something," I said with panic in my voice and he didn't say anything. Not knowing how to react, I started hitting his chest lightly whispering, "What's wrong?"

He held my hand which was about to touch his chest.
"Roseanne, you tell me what's going on, Now!" His voice was low, quiet, "When were you going to tell me about this?" He said with his jaw clenched with frustration.

I frowned, confused. My name sounded foreign from his mouth. Wait he was there entire time when I was talking to Wendy. Oh No!

"I asked you when were you going to TELL ME,"

I shook my head. Tears threatening to leave my eyes.
"I.. I wanted to tell you. F-for so long but, I didn't wa-wanted to.." I couldn't continue.

"Since how long has this been going on? Tell me." He said with warning in his tone.

"It's been going on for a while now. The first letter came on our wedding day," I told him fidgeting with my fingers.

"On our wedding day! It makes that 13 months from now, and you didn't think it was important to tell me? Or is it that you didn't trust me enough?" He raised his voice slightly, making me jump.

"Chan, they didn't send me one in eight long months. I thought it was some kind of prank. And then when they sent the next, I didn't know who it was. But all the threats were getting serious lately and after what happened yesterday night, I didn't want you to be in any kind of danger," I finally told him everything.

"Are you kidding me? Rosé, that person is threatening you not me," he said worried.

"I didn't want you to be hurt that's why I went with Wendy," I whispered hugging him. I felt safe with his arms around me. Even if the world falls apart, I want to be in his embrace till the end.

"Rosé, you won't hide anything from me now onwards, promise me," he said while hugging me tightly.

"I'll promise you only if you promise me to stay safe," I replied.

"Promise, I'll protect you no matter what," he whispered sniffing my hair.

After a few minutes of cuddling, I fell asleep in his arms. Only his warmth makes me sleepy in this state.

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

Frustrated, Anger, Scared? Nothing can describe the rage after listening to Rosé. I was angry at the fact she hid it from me but I was thankful to God that she's safe and I can hold her in my arms.

Wendy texted me that Rosé was with her and there's no need to worry but I followed my heart and went to get her back but the new revelation was shocking to me. Maybe the word shocking is small for what I felt.

What if Wendy's door wasn't open and I didn't hear their conversation? Would she still had hidden all this from me and suffered alone? I sighed and looked at the sleeping figure lying next to me.

After watching her sleep, I walked to the living room, waiting for the two guys who could help me in this situation.

Just as I was buried in my deep thoughts, the bell rang and I opened the door for them. After offering them drinks, I sat with them in the room at the corner of the house not wanting Rosé to wake up as she must've slept properly after long and these guys are gonna overreact because how protective they are for her.

I told them the entire story. Both of them were equally frustrated as I was.

"Whoever it is, must have known about your arrangement before you guys went official if they sent the letter on your wedding day," Sehun said making a valid point.

I realised that it didn't came into my head maybe because how hot headed I was a while ago. That limits the suspects as to the close ones.

"It must be Mina, I'm sure," Baekhyun said glaring at me, making me feel bad on connecting to her after so long. Maybe he's right, I shouldn't have trusted her after what she did.

"Let's not argue and think wisely." Sehun said, "What's your plan hyung?"

"I'm thinking of picking and dropping her at the hospital myself since I know there's no way she'll stay at home. I'm also going to appoint bodyguards for her." I told them and both of them nodded.

"Sehun, Can you arrange a home for me? A private one in a safer place?" I asked him.

"I'll do that with help of Kai and get on to you about this tomorrow morning," Baekhyun said instead of Sehun, "He doesn't even know what a home is."

"Take care of her," Sehun said before leaving.

'I'll never let anyone touch her. I want to keep her safe.' I promised myself before joining Rosé on bed.

___

(A/N; Here's a quick update. Hope you guys enjoyed reading this. If you do, consider voting.

What do you think of the story? Who's the person before Rosé?)