Chapter 17: Mistake

Chanyeol's P.O.V

"Baek, can you get AI document- the one we need to discuss with the developers... It's in second rack of my office table... A blue coloured file... Yeah. Okay. Come soon," I talked on phone with Baekhyun.

Just when I was done, I went to find Rosé. She must be bored alone. I had to socialise while finding her so it took a little longer. Just when I found her, I saw her smiling genuinely. My smile made my way to my face by looking her laugh.

As I moved towards her I saw a person sitting next to her, his hand on her back. It was a person maybe her friend who's extremely close to her I guess. I stopped in my tracks contemplating to go or not.

The guy ruffled her hair and then caressed her cheeks earning a small smile from her. I could feel the muscle in my body tensing as anger started to boil inside me. I clenched my jaw, my knuckles turning white from the tight grip. I wasn't liking this new feeling.

I was flaring with anger. She was saying something to her friend. She turned towards me and froze in her spot as soon as her eyes met mine.

Without thinking straight I walked up to her grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the elevator giving a death glare to the guy. I just realised it was the same guy we met during my business trip.

As soon as the door closed I quickly pressed the button. Her wrist was still tightly gripped in my hand. I turned towards her pinning her to the wall.

Just then, I realised she had struggle breathing. Seeing her like this brought panic to me that I couldn't understand the situation for a few seconds. I went numb.

Shit.
She shouldn't be here.

As I came out of my trance, I hugged her tightly and then pressed the buttons to nearest floor. But to her despair, the elevator came to sudden halt.

"Rosé, its okay... Breathe... Try to breathe..." I said making circles around her back. I could sense her rapid breathing to fill her lungs with air.

I called the technician and Sehun to get us out as soon as possible.

"I'm here with you... Just breathe..." I tried to comfort her but it's all in-vain. Her panic attack was getting worse and worse.

Suddenly I felt Rosé stumbling and then she fell on me, shifting her weight on me. When it hit me that she had passed out.

I tried everything I could to take us out as soon as possible. I yelled again and again but little did I know that no one could hear us.

It took 15-20 minutes for the technicians to fix the mechanical issue. As soon as the door opened, I ran towards my car holding Rosé bridal style.

I didn't care for reporters covering the entrance. All I knew was I was holding a lifeless Rosé in my arms. I couldn't imagine to see a strong girl like her in this state.

I drove my car breaking all the signals and speed limits to reach the hospital. I put her on emergency bed and they asked me to wait outside.

Sehun reached the hospital in 5 and he came running towards me.

"How's she?" He asked and I didn't reply. I still can't register how a childish feeling brought this tragedy to her. I wanted to help her with her fears but rather I'm being a nut-job.

"I took care of the reporters." I really didn't care about them right now. All I could think was of one person who was in this state because of me.