Chapter 23: Terrible at staying away

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

"She's in Sydney, attending a medical camp," Suho hyung said.

"Is she.. is she alright?" I asked concerned.

"You don't need to know. Do you?" Jisoo said in anger and then she stormed out of the room.

"Give her time and some space. It's all going to be okay." Suho hyung said comforting me. And I nodded my head while trying to keep my emotions to myself.

A day felt like a week, a week felt like month without her. I don't remember the number of times I called her when I didn't find any document or after a frustrated day when I longed seeing her. I spent my entire day in the office and came back home to just sleep and then returned to work. I continued to do it for a week.

Today is the day, I decided to go to her and bring her back. I told everyone beforehand except her. Baekhyun gave me a ride to the airport.

I didn't even notice the car had stopped until Baekhyun called me.
"We're here."

"Thank you. I owe you guys a lot," I leaned forward and patted him on his shoulder.

"Just let me know how's my sister doing as soon as possible," he said with a grin.

Getting out of the car I saw Mr. Yoo talking with our family's pilot, waiting for me.

"Sydney, Australia," I called, sprinting up the air stairs.

"On it, Mr. Park." He replied.

The entire 10 hour flight, I memorised what I wanted to tell her and how I see our future but little did I know my mind would go blank once I meet her.

After landing, I told the driver the location of the hospital she's volunteering in.

"Hurry please." I told him. The longer it takes to get to Rosé, the more anxious and uncertain I was becoming.

After a short drive the car stopped.
"We are here sir." The driver told me.

"Thanks." I said and headed inside the hospital and walked towards the elevator. Surprise her, invite her to dinner, tell her I love her. It's a simple plan.

"Room no. 94." I muttered, pressing the button for the fourth floor. "94. 94. 94." I continued repeating until I was standing in front of the door with those exact numbers.

My heart beating at an inhumanly speed. My suit tie feels like it's tightening around my neck. My mind was swirling and I tried to remember the last time I felt this way. The answer was never. I'd never felt this nervous.

I ran through both the best and worst scenarios that can happen.

Worst: she tells me she feels nothing and forgives me and I'll leave. Better said than done a voice inside my head said.

Best case scenario: she realized she loved me while being gone.

The chatter around me suddenly gets louder as a bunch of people start walking towards the room opposite to the one I was standing.

No-one paid heed to me except one. He came near me and shook my hand. He's wearing an overall and he looked like Rosé's senior.

"Are you here to meet Dr. Rosé?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'm sorry but she's not in there." He said while eyeing the door the receptionist told me was hers. Breaking my train of thoughts he said,
"Let's have a cup of coffee in my room."