Chapter 8: Sick

Rosé P.O.V

The next few days in New York was fun, we visited many places, had different types of food and sadly, our fun time was over and it was back to work for us.

It's crazy how time flies and things progress. It's been five days since we came back from our little honeymoon.

I've joined hospital three days ago and it has been very hectic. But not as hectic as Chanyeol's work. We've not had one meal together since the day we came back. In the I sleep waiting for him and in the morning I wake up to Chanyeol either ready to leave for work or he'd already left. In these few days I've realised he's a workaholic.

Today, I only had outpatient day. I got free early in the afternoon so, I decided to go home early and prepare lunch myself.

When I arrived at home, Ahna wasn't there. Sudden anxiety of being in the penthouse alone arose inside me but it didn't last any longer when I heard someone groaning with pain.

I mustered up courage and walked to the kitchen to drink water thinking it must be my hallucination since I just came back from work where I have to deal with such voices all day. But then I heard the same noise again coming from our room.

I took the cautious steps towards our room, as I walked the intensity of sound increased. I stopped in front of the room, it was a little open and lights of
were open too. Cautiously I pushed the door a little and stepped inside his room and what I found made me shocked.

Chanyeol was twisting and turning in bed, groaning and whimpering. I immediately rushed towards him, his eyes were closed but his face was showing pain. I immediately touched his forehead . Oh no! He's burning with fever.

I went to get the medical aid kit but too my surprise everything inside it was expired. I wasn't even surprised. I grabbed the car keys on the shelf and realised it's Chanyeol's car keys. I didn't care at the moment, I drove his car to nearest pharmacy.

After I reached home, I gave Chanyeol some meds and checked his temperature. It's pretty high. I went to the kitchen to make him soup.

While making soup, I called Sehun. He picked up on third ring.

"Hey Rosie." He said.

"Hi, Sehun can you please postpone Chanyeol's meeting for a day or two if he has any in the evening?" I asked.

"Is everything alright?" He asked and I told him about Chanyeol's condition.

I took the soup I made for Chanyeol and helped him eat. After finishing his soup, I gave his antihistamines since I knew he needed proper sleep to recover.

Later Sehun called me and told me that Chanyeol had one and he postponed it till any further notice since it didn't seem really important. He also told me that Baek and him are going to visit us later after work.

It was six in the evening, I was preparing Chicken broth for Chanyeol and dinner for Chanyeol's friends or should I call them my brothers? We have been so close lately. I really wanted to treat them a meal but I couldn't because of the workload.

I was almost done when I heard some weak steps approaching the kitchen. I took off my kitchen robe and stepped outside to meet an angry looking Chanyeol.

"Did you give me sleep tablets?" He said in an intimidating tone that gave me goosebumps.

"I.. I .. thought sleep.. could help you re..recover." I replied.