Chapter 16: Jealous

Rosé P.O.V

Chanyeol has been very busy lately with meetings and interviews since the grossing companies results were out. This Friday his company will be throwing a party, all of the staff and some close business associates are invited.

For me what will I be invited as? His wife? Come on Rosé, stop dreaming, no-one knows about our marriage and neither Chanyeol would ever want to disclose this to media.

You'll be representing your dad since he couldn't make it so soon. I sighed and started looking on the the patient's blood chart results that showed her clotting was all over the shop. I prescribed her some drugs.

I had a very busy schedule today and it's completely packed. I even forget to take my lunch. I had two surgery in the morning and one in the evening.

After doing my last surgery I felt drained. All I need was rest. I rushed to home. I entered home to meet Chanyeol talking with someone on his phone in his casual clothes. Wait he got free early?

I ran towards him and hugged his back. His body stiffened for a moment so, did his voice cracked later all his muscles relaxed. I smiled meekly savouring the moment.

"The venue? How can there no-one to check on that? Mr. Yoo took a sick leave tomorrow and I'm busy and so are other CEOs. But I can-" He was still on his call.

"I'll go." I whispered and he turned to look at me and then said,
"Mr. Mark, I'll call you back in 5."

"I neither want to over-exert you and nor I want to assign this important thing to junior staff."

"I'll go." I replied while throwing myself on couch.

"You sound tired." He said while sitting next to me.

"But I need to check it tomorrow right just before going to hospital? I can manage and it's also on my way." I replied.

"I'll try to join you." He said while massaging my shoulders.

__
(Time skip to next morning.)
Before going to the venue, I went to 'Ainsoft'. I quickly hid the bracelets I bought for them with their names engraved on it with an appreciation and congratulatory note.

Then I rushed to the venue to check the preparations. Just when I was about to step out, I realised a girl needed help with some lightings.

I gave her a quick hand and went to my duty. Wendy volunteered to cover for both Jisoo and me since Jisoo unnie will be attending party along with Suho oppa.

After getting done, I came back home. I really wanted to rest. My energy was completely drained but I took my daily cup of coffee and went to my room to get ready.

Just when I came out of the shower, I realised a bag placed on the bed which I didn't see when I entered the room.

I opened the bag to meet a black Alexander McQueen peplum leather mini dress. There was a note next to it.

'Thanks for checking it for us. Wear this tonight. I'll see you there."
~Your husband.

My heart skipped a beat. For a moment my mind went blank. Did he really bought this for me?