Chapter 26: A night with Seo-Woo

Rosé P.O.V.

I was almost done. I had some outpatients to check. After I was done with my last patient, I stepped out of my room to see Baekhyun walking towards me.

I smiled and walked towards his side and he returned my smile back till it faded suddenly and he abruptly asked,
"Is she your patient?"

"Yeah, she visited for the first time for regular checkup. Do you know her?" I asked.

"I don't remember, she just felt familiar. Never mind let's go," he said while taking my bag from my hand. Just as he was about to take my bag from me, my mind wandered on the morning event.

"Baek, I need to check on a few things. Can you give me five minutes?" I asked.

"Take your time, I'll give him company till then," Suho said appearing from nowhere. I gave him a thankful smile and ran to my room.

I opened the drawer ruffling files and reports here and there to find the envelope. I forgot to open it because of hustle and bustle in the hospital in the morning.

Just as I found it, my breath hitched and I opened it immediately. It read,

"Your gift is on your way. Have a little fun little birdie till it becomes too much to handle."

What does the person mean with the gift. Is it going to harm any of us or do something alarming. Suddenly a voice broke my train of thoughts bringing me back to reality.

"Princess, are you done? I can't take this hyung's dad jokes anymore." Baekhyun said while Suho stood beside him laughing at his own joke.

I nodded and placed the envelope back, took my things and followed him to his car. While he's driving, he kept on telling me about something but I couldn't focus- all I my mind would focus on was
'A gift is on it's way.'

"Are you listening to me? PRINCESS??" Baekhyun asked while applying sudden breaks.

"Yes. You were saying something about umm umm.." I didn't know what was he talking about for last twenty minutes.

"See, you didn't listen to a word. We are here," he said.

"Already.." I whispered taking off my seatbelt.

"I'm sorry, it's just that.." I was apologising for being rude not listening to a single word he said while he cut me off saying,
"It's alright. Just don't stress the little brain of yours."

I mouthed a 'thank you' and left. It was six-thirty when I reached home. The sun had gone down and it was almost getting dark. I didn't want to be alone but I didn't want to burden Baek at the same time.

I had taken the last two strides before I reached the front door. My heart was pounding as I started to question myself. What if something happens? Should I tell Chanyeol?

As I entered inside, I turned on the lights and called for Ahna but there was no reply. It didn't take me long to register that I'm alone in the penthouse.

I tried calling Chanyeol but he didn't pick up. My worry was increasing by every passing minute, when suddenly the lights went off followed by a breaking sound of glass near me. It was too dark and empty home, I couldn't find the courage to see what just happened.

I sank to the floor, sobbing my heart out. A million possibilities ran through my head.

Suddenly I heard a noise and the lights went on, I was a minute away from passing out when I saw Chanyeol.