Chapter 25: Something's wrong

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

Why isn't she back yet. That's what I was thinking the entire time while Baekhyun kept on glaring Mina. Baekhyun stood up to leave for home just when the bell rang.

Finally they are back. As I ran to open the door, I could hear the two mumbling something but I didn't care and opened the door.

Jaehyun's arm was resting on Rosé's shoulder and this close proximity was making me lose control but I somehow managed to keep my composure.

"Did you guys have fun?" I asked smiling while I pushed Rosé towards my side engulfing her petite body frame around my arm to earn a chuckle from her friend- Jaehyun.

"We had a lot of fun," He said with a smirk and then he whispered something in her ear earning a kick on his leg by her.

I wasn't liking their closeness, before I lose control Baekhyun came to the scene to save me from doing something spontaneous that I might regret later. He saved me twice, I need to thank him for this.

"Are you leaving already?" Rosé asked yawning.

"Sleep. You look tired. It's fun and I'll tell Sehun he missed a big time." He said ruffling her hair and winking at her.

'I'm not gonna thank him. He's more annoying than Jaehyun.' I made a note in my head.

After all of them left, I helped Rosé with putting the dishes in the washer. After helping her with cleaning, we went to our room. She slept as a log as soon as her body met the bed.
'You were this tired.' I said kissing her forehead and putting duvet on her.

The next morning, we woke up late. Rosé rushed to make breakfast and then after eating she was about to get her car keys from night stand when I took her keys and said,

"I'll drop you."

"Aren't you late too?" She asked.

"You know I'm the boss and I can leave whenever I want." I replied while moving out of the room and she followed me.

"Pretty much arrogant. As a boss, you're not really setting a good example." She said while getting her coat.

"I have something to discuss with Suho hyung and I told Sehun to cover for me." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Workaholic," she whispered.

As we were about to enter the car I found an envelope lying next to the right front tyres.

"Is this yours?" I asked picking it up and showing it to Rosé.

Without any reply, she took it from me more like snatched it from me. She looked pale and I couldn't understand worry on her face.

"I've been finding this ever-everywhere. It's a umm.. a- medical report of my patient." She replied stuttering.

I knew something definitely was wrong and she was hiding something but I didn't want to be the first to talk about the thing she's hiding. I want her to trust me enough to share it herself.

The entire ride was silent. As we reached the hospital, Rosé was getting out of the car when I found myself saying,
"I want to be the first person on your mind whenever you are undergoing difficult times."

"You'll always be the first." She whispered and left.

I felt better than before after hearing what she said. I parked my car and went to Suho Hyung.