Chapter 19: Rain

Rosé P.O.V

It was a long day. I had out-patients flooding in. Thanks to Jisoo unnie giving me coffee to replenish my energy stores or else I would've been done long ago.

I was resting in our on-call room. When suddenly all the pagers around me beeped and all I could hear was 'Code Blue.'

'Code blue.'

I followed my fellow residents to the room to find a 75 year old grandpa with nasal cannula having atrial fibrillation. The intern tells that he was trying to make him sit when he became unresponsive.

I tried to get the vitals back to normal while the other resident gave him Amiodarone. After getting his reflexes back, we went back to check on the in-ward patients.

"Professor Minho was looking for you Dr. Roseanne," a first year resident told me.

"Where is Professor?" I asked him.

"In general surgery resident room," he said.

I had a huge respect for Prof. Minho. He's helped me a lot throughout my junior years as a resident. I went straight to the room to find him talking to some other residents. I knocked at the door to let them know about my presence and he gestured me to sit.

"Let's get to the point now since Dr. Rosé is here too," he said and all of us nodded. Then he continued,
"Like every year, this year our hospital has also arranging a medical volunteer camp. I'll be the head and I wanted some of my trusted residents and staff to be a part of our medical team. I've gathered you for this purpose. Who's going to volunteer?"

"When is it?" I asked.

"6 days from now and will be 20 days long. I'd be happy if you could join." He said.

"Prof, I'd love to join but I have to do a rain check on it." I said.

I could see a little disappointment on his face and I felt bad for it but I wanted to spend the last few months with Chanyeol since the deal is ending.

'Do you like him? That's why you're finding ways to not to be a part of the medic team?' My inner voice said and I smiled on my 8 months old naive thoughts.

'It's just a contract that won't affect you.'

But who knew it would affect me in a way I never expected.
_
It was a long day. I was too tired to cook dinner, if it hadn't been the thought of Chanyeol coming back home, I would've been slept as soon as I reached home.

Suddenly I heard the sound of thunder followed by rain. I was kind of getting used to being alone at home now. The fear of big homes was fading.

I went to open the window to see the view. I was enjoying the cold breeze when suddenly someone's hands covered my eyes and pulled my head back.

I tried to pull their hands away but it didn't work. I was to tired to fight in so I covered their hands with mine.

Their fingers were a slightly cold. I knew to whom these hands belonged but I played along saying,
"Who's this?"

Not too long after I felt a feather light kiss on my forehead followed with a quiet whisper in my ear,
"Guess who?"

A smile speared across my face as I recognised his voice.
"Love birds." Someone said from my behind just when Chanyeol grip loosened.