Chapter ♦ 17

~ •••••••••••••• ~

You can read the advanced chapters in Webnovel, Sofanovel and Babelnovel.

Thank you for your support!

~ ••••••• ~

Somewhere in a dingy corner of the alleyways of Zeldereth nation_

A few shady shadows were seen seated in a rundown small inn of the Briskwood alleyway. All of them had their faces covered under dusty hoods, looking very much suspicious. One of the perpetrators was a reedy thin woman with a shrill voice called Ophelia Vegan, she was a part-time pimp of the red-light districts who was never upto any good. The others were all rough-looking gruff men.

“When is the guy coming? Its already pass the appointed time.” One of the men grunted in annoyance, this man called Cuffled was a small-time bounty hunter who was trying to make it big this time.

“Can we even trust this guy? I mean, even the existence of dragons is questionable, isn’t it?” Another buffy man with a scar on the side of his face pitched in. This man’s name was Rudy and he was a petty thief in the red-light district areas of the Zeldereth Empire. 

“I agree. He didn’t bail out on us now, did he?” The last man, who was pretty muscular too but strangely had a kid like whiney voice spoke up as well. This one’s name was Lorade and he was one of the lower level soldiers of Zeldereth army.    

“Sush! Don’t be so impatient. He willcome, after all, he is the one who is in need of our services. Not the other way around.” The woman called Ophelia groaned.

“Yeah, you would say that. After all, you are already so smitten with him already.” Rudy grumbled while looking at Ophelia in disdain.

“What! It’s nothing like that, and even if it is, what is it to you. You, like the others are here for only benefits, you’ve got nothing to do with my private life. So keep your mouth shut and sit tight.” Ophelia rudely snorted back.

“What did you say!!!” Rudy, who was normally a hot-tempered man jerked up of his seat in sheer rage.

“Alright alright, guys, settle down already. This is no time to argue amongst each other. We are all here for the same purpose. Let’s not make enemies of each other already, shall we?” Lorade tried to pacify the two people in his gang. Anyone with eyes could see how uncoordinated this little clique was. But they could do nothing about it because these people from different backgrounds had come together to form a team because they were lured in with the greed of fortune by this strange mysterious man they talked about.

“My! I do not think this little crew is gonna work out if discord had already been sown amidst you people.” A smooth glib voice came from behind the agitated crowd.

They turned around to look at a mysterious man in a black hooded cloak, he was completely concealed and all that could be seen by the flickering fire light of the drab inn was the silver of his long hair. He casted a very long vindictive shadow which somehow seemed to move independently from him. All the four of the perpetrators stared in petrified awe at the mysterious man as he walked closer towards them in a gliding fashion.