Chapter ♦ 12

~ •••••••••••••• ~

You can read the advanced chapters in Webnovel.

Thank you for your support!

~ ••••••• ~

Zylith.

I have a habit I've been harbouring for years; When I'm wrong, I pretend to be air. And when I'm right, I am sarcastic.

Most of the time, I am like, 'I may be wrong, but it's highly unlikely', so as you can see, I'm pretty reluctant to acknowledge this habit of mine, but at dire times like these, I'm forced to. And then I like to pretend to be the invisible air, transparent to all and be as quiet as a fiddle.

Reuben raised his irritated eyebrows at me and asked, "To what do I owe the honour of this bright handprint, my Queen?"

I was still trying to be invisible, and hence I attempted to ignore him so hard that he would start to doubt his own existence. But King Reuben (Edward Regalious the III) was not one to let a person off the hook so easily.

He raised his brows higher in enquiry and said, "Do you want me to force you to speak, My Lady?"

I still ignored his threats. It's not that I was not scared, its just that I was willing to take a gamble that he wouldn't execute me over such a trivial matter now that I've married him, and also, I wanted to see what he would do to make me talk; Curiosity really kills the cat if I might say so myself.

"Alright then, from this day on, I hereby shall revoke your freedom of speech. You may not open your mouth in my presence at all, in fact, in anyone's presence at all. You may only speak if I deem it fit for you to speak and I_"

"Alright, alright! You win Your Highness."

This damned Mummy! Did he want me to be a mute for life?

"I'll talk.... But you sure you want me to speak the truth? I highly doubt you'd like to hear what I have to say." I mumbled the second half in a low undertone, suggesting him to rather choose otherwise.
"
course, I wouldn't want anything but the truth." He nodded in consent.

"Well, you asked for it." I too nodded as if I had mimicked him.

"You see, Your Highness, not that I am repulsed by you or anything like that, but you must understand that I was rather surprised when I was woken up to an erect little brother on your trouser, so I must implore you to forgive me for my hand slipped in the heat of the moment."

I'm glad I didn't tell him that I wanted to hit the erect tent off rather than his abdomens to make it limp, because Reuben's face gradually wilted like he had just swallowed a fly, and soon his face was so flushed that it was radiating heat like a hot pan. You could have cooked a three-course meal on his face to tell the truth. He looked somewhere between severely constipated and extremely embarrassed. I only feared he wouldn't leave town after casting off his identity if he felt he'd never live this down.
So I, being the empathetic soul that I was, blurted out words of empathy to remedy the situation,

"There really isn't anything to be embarrassed about My Liege, it is but just a natural phenomenon. I've seen my cousin being hard in the morning so many times that my eyes have become accustomed to a hard crotch since a long time ago." Firstly, watching my cousin getting hard in the morning was totally gross, and secondly, whatever came out of my mouth was utter bullshit, but can you blame me? Reuben looked like he wanted a black hole to swallow him up whole, and I couldn't really tell him that his little brother actually had such reaction because of my #innocent hand, not because of the morning natural phenomenon of men around the world(Please don't try to pin the blame on my #innocent hand either, if you have to pick a culprit then blame Reuben for taking off his clothes). So I said whatever BS came into my mind to appraise the poor man.