Chapter ♦ 11

~ •••••••••••••• ~

You can read the advanced chapters in Webnovel.

Thank you for your support!

~ ••••••• ~

Zylith.

I felt like enlightenment had graced me for the first time in my life.

The realization that stupidity comes in all forms and sizes, some of them even looks like the archaic Royal sitting in front of me, hit me hard.

In the room that was twilight and dimly lit, I blinked, unable to make even a squeak and silently stared at the king whose eyes were resting on me like I was a shot of single malt.

Now I knew for sure, there never existed something called a perfect man. If you can show me a perfect man then I will show you a leprechaun, riding a unicorn over a double rainbow, with a fairy holding a pot of gold at the end of it all.

".... Well? Will you reveal the whereabouts of the painter so that I can recruit him as my personal court artist?" He poked further to get an affirmative answer from me.

Where in hell would I be able to bring in the erotic painter that painted the 21st century 3D porn magazine? Should I haul a printer at his pervy face?

I gritted my teeth a bit harder while pondering about how I should reply to this guy's inquiries.

But without letting up a breath, he kept nudging me for an answer, "What are you thinking about with such a grim face? I promise I won't wrong him. He shall be well rewarded for his services." Reuben promised very solemnly. His eyes shone with such earnestness that they looked like he was dripping impassion out of his eyes.

Services!? What services?

I couldn't help but make a face when I looked at him. As I thought, no matter the era, men are all beasts. The thought that he wanted to hire an X-rated painter to be his personal court artist said a lot about his immoral nature. I imagined all kinds of lewd off-coloured images of himself and the palace women being painted on sheets as he laid with them to pose for the pictures. I wondered how he would be able to control himself without moving for hours to come, considering his beastly nature.

"I shall pray for self-control to not abandon you Sire." I silently nodded my head.

"What!!?" He looked at me in a cross-eyed manner as if to scrutinize me for my accidental slip of tongue.

"What! Nothing!! Erm...well, sometimes the thoughts in my head gets so bored that they tend to take a stroll through my mouth. So sire, I beg you to beware and not mind my occasional word vomit." I tried shrugging it off to divert his attention from my tongue slip for I feared I would be pinned down again and assaulted to spit out my mind. And then, things could only go downhill.

"Is that so?" His analysing gaze got even more fervid due to my words, as well as my fear of him jumping me.

"Ah! Look how late it is already Your Highness. I must let you know that I am a very heavy sleeper. If I don't wake up after you shake me off a few times tomorrow, just turn this on and shine it into my face while shouting my name. It works with a hundred percent guarantee." I showed Reuben a thumbs up while handing him the mini torch after taking it out of my bag.