Chapter ♦ 24

Zylith.

The man who was on his knees before me didn’t look like he was a residence of Reveldron at all.

He had dark skin, like the shade of honey, only a bit darker. His tousled Jet-black hair and murky black eyes set him completely apart from the crowd. Though his tan made him look softer like a sepia tone on a photograph, his dark eyes seemed very aggressive at a glance. However, he maintained a novel aura around himself and his posture did speak for himself as one could tell he really was one from the knighthood.

I peered at him with squinted eyes, waiting for him to get himself off the floor, but he was like a rigid sculpture and was not about to move from his position without my permission.

I was not a bossy person… well, I mean I was not a bossy person when it came to stuff such as ordering around like I was the ruler of this world. So this guy, Fredurd got me a bit flustered and awkward when he treated me as if my word was the law. I was also a bit unsettled about the fact that he changed his attitude at the drop of a hat. Just a few minutes ago he was looking at me like I was an exotic creature fresh from the circus, and now he was all ‘You’re-my-master-and-so-I-shall-die-for-you’? For some unknown reason, I did not quite like his character.

“You may get up.” I muttered reluctantly.

He got up as commanded and put one of his hands over his heart and half-bowed once more, “Your Highness. Please use this humble knight as you see fit, I shall do your bidding without a question.” I slightly raised a brow and then looked at Reuben with a wary expression.

Reuben, like always, smiled amicably at me and said, “Fret not, Your Highness. Fredurd is trustworthy.” I frowned, my eyes silently sending a ‘Are-you-sure?’ look at him. “Even though he might look a bit dubious at first, but he is one of His Majesty’s most trusted. So you need not be on your guard, my lady.”

“….. Is that so?”

“Yes, His Majesty would never appoint someone unworthy, Sire.” I wanted to sneer and let out a mocking laughter when I heard him, but I held back as I didn’t want to ruin my image in front of Lord Xavier. “That being said, who is this?” Reuben eyed Liana with terse eyes.

“Ah! This, she is one of the little maids Queen mother gifted me. From now on, she shall be my personal maid-in-waiting.” I replied.

“Hmm, I see.” Reuben raised a brow but didn’t say much about it. “Your Highness, I will be departing to Galvolner with Lord Gilbert tonight. His Majesty had ordered me to introduce Fredurd to you and let me pass the news that you shall be starting your royal studies from tomorrow as per the command of Her Majesty, the Queen Dowager.”

My languid eyes almost popped out when I heard his words.

"What royal studies?” The word ‘Study’ was like a vengeful spirit that had haunted the past sixteen years of my life. School had always been the abbreviation of ‘Six-Cruel-Hours-Of-Our-Lives’ for me; and if you look hard enough, you’ll notice how they very conveniently put ‘Dying’ at the end of the word ‘STUDYING’. Hence now, when that same word was thrown at my face so abruptly like that, I could no longer keep my cool.