Chapter ♦ 18

~ •••••••••••••• ~

You can read the advanced chapters in Webnovel, Sofanovel or Babelnovel.

Thank you for your support!

~ ••••••• ~

Zylith.

Ola' people. I just wanna say, I'm not in a good mood today. Why you ask? Because I had been bestowed another enlightenment today; If I was a bird, I now know who I would shit on.

Oh, I think you guys have guessed it out already, but I'm still going to narrate my sob-story to you guys today, otherwise I don't know where else I would be able to vent out my frustrations. So bear with me people_

Reuben didn't speak much after his heart to heart with me. He and lord Gilbert left me to attend to their respective royal duties, but I had a gut feeling about the recent changes in the wind. I felt nothing was going to be the same anymore. And No, I was not being paranoid. When I say that you should always trust your gut, please do not question my supposition. Your brain can be fooled, and your heart is an idiot, but your gut doesn't know how to lie.

Maybe I was a bit timid about the entire turnabout of the situation, but there was nothing to be done anymore. Reuben couldn't take back his words nor could I unhear them now. As such, I had resigned all else to my fate and decided to get some much-needed beauty sleep.

However, the next thing I remember was screaming at the top of my lungs in fright.

Why you ask? Well, I was drowning in my sweet dreamland when an outlandish rude intruder decided to invade my dreams and crudely destroyed my beautiful leisurely dream world.

The very next second, I almost had a myocardial infraction as all I saw was spinning stars and a whirling white and black, which for your information almost turned me blind.

There are some things that you must know about me(Ahem! Other than the fact that I hate admitting that I'm in the wrong), I hardly ever regretted any of my decisions in life. But at this moment, after a very long time, I really really regretted one of my decisions that I recently took. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I regretted ever being in cahoots with this whacky sadistic mummy king. And I lamented the demonic hour which muddled my senses to so casually hand over my precious torchlight as a mere compensation gift to him.

This jerkface was lunatic enough to grab one of my eyelids open and shine the 1000 lumen torchlight into my befuddled eyes with a loud "HAA!" shout into my poor ears.

I was so scared I thought I was really a goner this time.

"GHAAAAAA! Wha-What!! What the f*uck!!! Jesus! Who died!!" My stumped jumbled up thoughts were still in a disarray while I wildly looked around to probe for any danger. But the only danger I saw before me was a wicked man with a sly pretty smile, staring at me as if I was his all-time favourite toy in the world.

"We are so sorry to startle you like that Your Highness. But no matter what we did, you were like a dead fish floating belly-up in water. So finding no other alternative, His Majesty took the liberty to wake you up." There was a tiny smile on lord Gilbert's comely lips, as if he was very satisfied with the result.

I gawked at the two handsome men in sheer bafflement as they talked animatedly amongst themselves.

"Your Majesty, what is that amazing light that you just used on Her Highness? It is so incredible and unconceivable." Lord Gilbert asked in awe.