Chapter ♦ 34

Zylith.

"What is this?" My instructor, who looked like the smocking-hot live version of Superman in his flowery-youth, stared back at me with a look of utter disappointment, and I in turn, bit my lips in culpable sheepishness.

"What's the matter?" Alexteris on the other hand, was acting as the rogue catalyst that fuelled this raging 'Superman's' fire.

"Have a look for yourself, Your Majesty." He handed my test paper over to Alexteris to let him take a look.

"Oh! What do we have here?" He squinted his impish weasel eyes at my test paper in absolute mirth and read out loud to further enhance my embarrassment over my given answers.

"Q. What is the name of the battle that met it's conclusion in the year 1700 P.B.?

Ans. The battle of 1600 P.B.

Q. In which battle did the first king of Reveldron, King Isaac Rudolf de Regalious perished?

Ans. In his last one.

Q. The canal of Thanosis flows in _______?

Ans. ....Liquid state?

Q. Where was the declaration of Alorian independence signed?

Ans. At the bottom of the page.

Q. What is the strongest force to be reckoned in this entire continent of Aradon?

Ans. Love!!!" He raised his amused brows as his quivering lips betrayed his stoic posture. And I was like, 'What the hell? Laugh if you want to laugh.' I wanted to raise my sarcastic voice but somehow held it in. I mean, it was practically my fault for flunking the test but in my defence, I am just an average teenage student who isn't even able to bring an A in my regular tests, how was I supposed to fare well in a sudden pop quiz on the entire history of the continent of Aradon of which Reveldron is supposedly a part of.

"Pfft!" Were my ears hallucinating or did I hear a snicker just now?

I put on a deep frown on my face as I roved my eyes around the room for the laughing perpetrator, and surprisingly so, it turned out to be my ascetic knight Fredurd. Though he looked like nothing was out of place, my 20/20 eyes could still detect the remnant traces of his slip up.

Recently, Fredurd had started advance training under the supervision of Lord Xavier and thus, he had not been around much. I think he probably was using his enhanced training as an excuse to try and avoid his awkward situation with Liana, but I didn't want to hassle him too much over to reveal his inner intents.

I smiled sweetly at Fredurd, who stood beside Lord Xavier(who for your info, was a quaking frame as well, I don't understand why these people try and act all poised, prim and proper. I mean, it's not like they would be committing grave sins if they were to let their inner thoughts out and be free and unrestrained every once in a while..... Wait! What are these two even doing here? Could it be that mummy brat summoned them here so that they could be the sole witnesses of my humiliation of the century? I glared at Alexteris with absolute venom in my eyes when these thoughts hounded my mind. I'll have to take care of this brat one of these days it seems) and said, "I see my knight shares my sense of humor as well. Ah! How I feel blessed now."

Everyone present in the royal library, whipped their heads to Fredurd's direction and stared at his, now discomfited face in sheer uncanniness.

"I do not recommend you to count your blessings yet, Your Highness." My instructor, Earl Edgar von Vilavelt spoke smoothly, the baritone of his voice reverberated through my bones as it's low rumble sounded so comforting as it wrapped around me softly and carried me off to a world where sound was the power that could change everything wrong in the world. Yes, it was that alluring, but all the same, underneath all that allure, it had the kind of underlying threat that could almost be dismissed but was still conspicuous enough to send a sharp shiver down your spine.