Chapter ♦ 29

Zylith.

I turned around to come face to face with the impassive look of the fake mummy brat_ I mean Alexteris, my face in turn morphed into that of an awed kind. His countenance looked like he was spouting gold out of his piehole as he applauded me.

"Oh My! What was that Your Majesty? I didn't seem to have heard you properly. Can you repeat your words once more, please?" I took a step forward to lean in my eager ears as I prompted him to repeat his golden clad words.

Alexteris's expression wrinkled into that of a crumpled paper. Although he was still in his mummy disguise, I could still tell his face looked so very ugly right about now. Might as he try, he could not really hide his bitter mien. I, on the other hand, was trying not to laugh at the face of this sour loser.

".... (Ahem!) I see the Queen's ears have not been cleared of wax for quite a while now." He muttered back bitingly.

"Ah! Your Majesty! Perhaps, are you interested in clearing this Queen's earwax tonight? Hmm?" I smiled like a beautiful flower and asked in glee, all the while watching poor Alexteris's face scrunching into that of a dried old leaf. "I shall readily comply if you're interested in such mundane nightly activities."

"Pfft!!!!"

"Pfft! (Cough!)"

"......(Ahem!!!)"

"Wha-What did you say!!!" The three people who were nearest enough to hear our amusing conversation were all quivering like shaking leaves in the wind, trying very hard to not laugh and 'Sully' Alexteris's ego. Whereas Alexteris was lose for words. I decided to take pity on him and not further embarrass him in front of the crowd any longer.

"Well Your Majesty, if you have any queries, shall we go to the parlour to further discuss matters?" I suggested charitably.

He knew I was a shameless person and if he stayed here with me any longer than needed his self-image... I mean his brother's self-image would be left in tatters, so he wordlessly complied and turned to his heels to leave for the palace parlour in a huff. I too, followed behind him without many qualms.

~ ••••••••• ~

"Alright! Tell me, was all of this, a part of your plan from the very beginning? Is this why you wanted me to invite all the influential nobles of the high society to your inspection event? So that even if the Queen Dowager wanted to be lax on the punishment of the Countess, she wouldn't be able to do that so easily? And what about the weird erratic behaviour of the Countess and her grandson? Was that your doing as well?" Alexteris bombarded me with questions like an energized cannonball.

"Sigh!" I heaved a big sigh as I listened to all of Alexteris's unceasing enquiries.

"Well, I can only speak if you let me speak, dear Prince." When Alexteris finally realized that he was the only one in the room blabbering like an annoying excited bumble-bee, he thankfully shut-up immediately.

"(Ahem!) Yes well, please do continue Lady Elizabeth." He looked a bit sheepish but hid his embarrassment quite well in the very next second.

"Alright, where should I begin?" I got comfortable in the velvety soft sofa as I started my anecdote.
"When I came to know of the Countess's scheme to ruin my reputation with the help of her grandson, I also did some research on this infamous grandson of hers. From which, I came to know of some interesting facts like Count Clodian's obsession with rich influential married women of the high society. So, I made a plan to set these two Wroths up in their own trap. Clodian Wroth wanted to claim that I inappropriately touched him during our dance when we were in vague contact with each other, so how could I give him such an opportunity?" I said. Though I was the first Queen of this nation and Clodian Wroth was only a noble Count, he could still accuse me of sexual assault due to his vast network of connections and his powerful backing. Even though, as a Royal, I wouldn't be charged of offence, my bumpy reputation would still suffer greatly due to such antics. It would be a scandal all on its own even if what the Count claimed did not hold any substance at all. And both the Countess and the Princess knew that.