Chapter ♦ 35

Zylith.

"Your Highness, I have brought you what you asked me for," Liana came in with a set of worn-out faded attire this morning, the clothes in which I was supposed to make my escapade today.

Yes folks, I'm slipping out of the castle to a secret endeavor today. Today, as it was my day off and I didn't need to attend to any imperial affairs nor did I have any lessons with my demon instructor, it was the weekend kind of day for me, in other words, just the right day to get drunk and party hard. Hohohoho!

I had been cooped up in this golden prison ever since I had last entered the castle, so last night I decided to take a trip out of the palace to get some fresh air into my system. Now, its not like no one knew and I was venturing alone out of the castle, well.... Fredurd knew of course since I would be taking him as an escort along with me.

Oh! I can almost see your skeptical faces wondering how I was able to convince such a stern and uptight knight to keep it mum from the big bosses, right? Heh... It wasn't that hard. I just lured him in with my awesome tactical skills; ..... Alright! In other words, I tempted him with Liana somewhere in the conversation.

You see, my little Liana has been giving Fred the most apparent cold shoulders these days and hence it created a kind of delirious tension between the two of them, so I just suggested that I would help the poor guy solve his dilemma with Liana, and Voila! He agreed. I figured Fredurd wasn't the kind of guy who would be easily swayed with bribery or such worldly luxuriance, so I had to come up with the Liana card. I was still a bit skeptical as to if he would be tempted enough to do my bidding, but thankfully so, it was the right move.

People please, I hope you are not looking at me like I'm some evil manipulative extortionist in the making, I swear I'm not. It's just that I could no longer stand looking at the pitiful sight of Fredurd trying to redeem himself in front of Liana, so I voluntarily decided to help him out, it's just that my help does not come for free.

I looked into my reflection in the mirror as I was dressing up and smiled at myself. I could almost feel it in my bones, today was gonna be a really interesting day.

"Your Highness, may I know where you are headed today?" Liana asked, she seemed rather eager to know of my destination. I wonder why that is?

"I just want to relax away from all these royal shi_ I mean royal responsibilities as of today, you know." I shrugged in nonchalance.

"I understand Her Highness's sense of notion, but I'm still very anxious to just let you go alone." She said in a troubled voice, looking very fretful indeed. "Can't it just be me tagging along with you? I promise I was be like a ghost, as undetectable as possible." She urged yet again when she saw me dressing up in a male's attire.

Yes people, today I decided to condone myself in a male's disguise and finally let myself experience what you'd call a 'typical-female-lead-dressed-as-a-male-in-the-ancient-times' theme.

At the moment, I was dressed in a grubby corduroy cloth cap with a wig intact, an old grey shirt which looked as though it was my oldest cousin's hand-me-downs, in other words, a couple of sizes too big to even look like it actually belonged to me. The cuffs of the shirt was frayed and shabby and along with the odd assortment of baggy pants that had seen better days and a foul stench of cigarette smoke that encased my frame, my disguise for today was complete.... No wait! I was also using my ever so awesome bronzer to make my milky beautiful skin(Cough! Not bragging here guys) look like a man's, I mean ugly.

So all in all, I looked like a juvenile teen who had just hit puberty at the wrong time. I didn't really care much as long as I didn't look like a girl. But I think I looked rather handsome in my façade if you know what I mean(smirking face).