Chapter ♦ 22

A little something about the AUTHOR : Victoric spoke to Zylith the other day and here's how the conversation when_

Victoric – Zylith, stop munching onto food like a cow-on-a-eating-spree and get your ass up and do something fun so that people get amused enough to click on the LIKE button and COMMENT.

Zylith – (Looks at Victoric with pointed eyes) Liana, bring me the club!

Victoric – Wha-What do you need the club for?

Zylith – You dare to put me on exhibition, now you can't blame me for exhibiting my innate physical prowess.

Victoric – '......' (Runs for the Hills)

*END of FLASHBACK*

~••••••••••~

Zylith.

"STOP!" I yelled out loud.

I looked at the startled nervous girl in front of me and bit my lips in anxiety.

I had learnt from experience that secrets in this world were as treacherous as they come. I didn't revel on the fact that I knew things which were so dangerous that one misstep could bring upon my doom. From time to time, I even felt like crying when

I thought of the consequences of such a misstep.

And now, there stood a little girl in front of me, who wanted to reveal another such hazardous secret to me, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at my fortune.

"Wait! Please wait." I sucked in a deep breath as I waved my hands in front of her to stop her mid-sentence. I really needed a breather right about now.

I tried to rearrange my jumbled thoughts as I took a moment to myself. The girl, who seemed so very vulnerable as if she would be blown away if a strong gust of breeze blew by, was now staring at me wearing a curious expression.

I couldn't help but sigh when I saw her soft and weak disposition. This girl was too naïve. Thinking about her gullible character, I now knew why she was so severely bullied by the other maids.

I sighed yet again when I thought back about her actions just now. She was so credulous that she was willing to entrust her safety to a complete stranger, 'me', and was about to disclose what might even be a secret so illicit that it might bring upon a silent but raging storm into the imperial family. I looked at the little girl once more and sighed for the nth time.

My low mood was becoming even grimmer with each passing second. I bit my inner cheek harder in sheer indecisiveness. 'To know.... Or to not. THAT, is the question.' Quoted by ME.