Chapter ♦ 25

~ •••••••••••••• ~

You can read the advanced chapters in Webnovel.
Thank you for your support!

~ ••••••• ~

Zylith.

You guys must be thinking, drugging a guard or two with slumber dust is not much of a big deal, right? I mean, after all, I am their Queen superior, and its not like its gonna harm them or anything, right? But, wrong; You guys are so very wrong. But I can't blame you here, because I thought the same.

I thought, what trouble could a little slumber dust here and there bring me. Now as I was staring at the scene of a mass of epileptics sprawled on the cold hard floor outside my bedchambers, I realized it brought me big troubles.

Slumber dust, as the name suggests is a shimmery magical powder that puts one to a cataleptic kind of sleep for a certain period of time. It has a silky texture to it and no matter the temperature of the day, the powder is cool to the touch, as if it is set apart from the very environment. Slumber dust is a very rare kind of magical item and I was not even aware of its existence until today before Lord Gilbert brought me a sachet of it. He, like an over-protective anxious mother, handed me the pouch of slumber dust, saying it was for self-defence purposes, that I should use it only when I found myself in a very unfavourable situation without any other way of withdrawal. I thanked him with the sincerest of hearts, saying that I will use it well, and I did used it well, is what I thought until the moment I witnessed the catastrophic situation in front of my chamber.

I was still a bit confounded with Reuben's out-of-character restive behaviour when I told him I had used a little slumber dust, but now I finally understood why he looked so uneased and rushed out here without another word.

The slumber dust swirled in the air above and below, making the whole corridor fragrant with a smell of fresh apricots. I could distinctly see the shimmering particles churning in the air as if they had a mind of their own, creating a glorious cloud of sparkling glitters; beautiful yet somehow precarious.

I frowned when I saw the crowd of people slumped unconscious on the ground. I had only dusted that one incompetent guard, how the hell so many people ended up collapsed? When I was busy scrutinizing the current situation, a weird crazed noise pulled my attention to the comatose bunch. It started with one victim, and then like a plague spread to the rest of the mass. They first let out a startled cry with wide-opened eyes and then started convulsing and shaking in an erratic manner. Like being shocked by electricity, their arms and legs jerked and jolted uncontrollably.

Looking at this scene, my scalp couldn't help but go numb. Was this the real effect of magical slumber dust?

I noticed the knight, called Fredurd Vanner was one of the epileptics and suddenly felt a rush of indefinite pleasure as I watched him being attacked by intermittent fits now and then. You see, Karma is like a rubber-band, it can only stretch so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face with a 'HAA! Take that!', since this guy was a hypocrite who liked to relish in other's shows, now it was my turn to enjoy his epileptic show. I didn't realize that my lips had curved up in the shape of a little arc as I watched the spectacle.

"Very happy?" A slightly chilly voice whispered in my ears stirring me awake of my trance.

On the spur of a moment, my throat had gone as dry as the desert and I had to gulp hard to alleviate my parched throat. Hesitantly so, my head mechanically turned sideways to look at Reuben's stony cold face.