Chapter ♦ 36

Zylith.

Our mount for today's excursion was an exotic horse breed of pure white, it's coat was a gorgeous silvery-white and it was beautiful from the mane to it's tail. I peered at the majestic steed grazing leisurely in front of me and exclaimed, "Woah! Was a beautiful mare!"

"It is your stallion, Your Highness." Fredurd informed me.

"What! Really?" I whipped my head to look towards him in surprise. I never knew I had an exclusive horse just for me to ride.

"Oh yes. Weren't you aware?" Fredurd spoke, "His Majesty specifically ordered this mare from the Isles of Cianiens, they rear the best breeds of horses in the entire continent."

I raised a brow to that. Wow! What a surprise. I never thought Reuben to be thoughtful enough to get me a personal steed of such high quality, but I was still grateful for the thought, especially when the steed looked as stunning as a fantasy.

I smiled softly as I looked at the flowing mane of my steed that unfurled and whipped as the wind called and asked, "What is its name?" And Fredurd replied, "It doesn't have one yet, Your Highness."

"Oh? It doesn't?" I furrowed my eyebrows, "Then how about I give it one." I smiled as I approached it to pat its mane. But to my shock, it scurried away from my touch and looked at me as though I was something dirty and not worth its notice. We stared at each other as if we were assessing each other up and this horse's ingrained arrogance didn't fail to shock me, but then I realized, it was a steed prepared by 'Reuben the Great'. Of course it would look at us mundane mortals as though we are nothing but mere ants in it's eyes. As such I made my final decision, "Alright! I've decided, it's going to be called 'Mummy'."

"Wha-What?" Fredurd frowned at the unorthodox name I had come up for this beautiful horse, but now, the more I looked at it, the more its eyes seemed to be mocking me, or maybe I was imagining things?

"Yes, Mummy it is." I said with a nod of confirmation and the horse neighed loudly in response. "See? It likes its new name as well." I smiled in delight. The horse, which looked pretty docile up until now neighed even more so as though it was suddenly provoked by an enemy. I smiled even more contentedly as I nodded, "Ah! See how excited it is to have its new adorable name, right Mummy?"

The horse snorted and whinged as though it couldn't contain it's dissatisfaction but at the same time, looked helpless as it didn't have an outlet to vent it's frustrations. I smiled a little more at it's disgruntled face and said, "My precious Mummy, you should learn to not ignore mommy from now on, okay?" The horse puffed it's nostrils and looked away from me, seeming as though it was lamenting it's fate in sheer anguish.

"Well then, shall we go?" I turned around to look at a wide-eyed Fredurd, who stood half a meter away from me, gawking dumbly at the little spectacle that just took place right in front of his eyes.

"Fred?" I called him again, and he seemed to have come to his senses.

"AH! Yes Your Highness, we shall depart now." He garbled, still in a daze.

"Oh and, don't call me Your Highness while we are on the venture." I said.

"Then what should I address you as, My Lady?" He asked in confusion and I sighed at my knight's slow-wittedness.

"My dearest knight Fredurd, do I look like a lady right now?" I asked with a raised brow.

"I... no Your Highness." He mumbled back, quite abashed.

"Right, I don't. So just call me Zeth. No honorifics required." I shrugged, I was after all dressed as a peasant and he as my mate. How would it look if he were to call me lord or master while I looked like a humble country-dweller myself?