Chapter ♦ 39

Zylith.

As I gawked at my crazed knight howling like a jackal as he claimed, I mentally prayed to all the Gods I was familiar with to let me safely pass this ordeal. How in Heaven's name was I gonna drag this big loony muddled knight back to the castle undetected? I inwardly sweated thinking about what was to come after he came back to his senses.

"Fred Fred! Listen to me Fredurd. If you stop wailing, I will tell you a sure-fire method to appease Liana, not just that, Liana will even start liking you I swear." I grabbed hold onto Fredurd and tried to calm him down. But he was a big strong warrior, how would I, a frail muscle-less lady, be able to hold him down if he didn't want to be held down. He was thrashing and howling with bloodshot eyes, his face messed up with wet tears streaming down his ruddy cheeks.

I felt we had suddenly become the center of attention now and everyone was ogling strangely at us, I felt beyond embarrassed and wanted to leave this wailing jackal behind while claiming I didn't know such a crazy person at all, but I knew I couldn't when everyone was already aware that I was his only companion, not to mention the fact that I was the actual cause of this fiasco. I just prayed that an hour would pass by fast and he would come back to his senses.

"Your Highness! You look like a crossdressing crook trying very hard to look manly." He announced, and my left eye twitched uncontrollably yet again.

So he was lying back then when he was complimenting my disguise? Now I really had the mind to leave this liar behind to his own devices.

Calm down Zylith, calm down! You cannot be unreasonable enough to dump the guy here, who knows in which ditch his corpse will be found the next time you see him.

"Alrighty you big boy, its time to go home." I was penitent that my night out was an utter flop and I didn't even get to finish my drink, but I knew I had to drag him out of this inn before he causes any permanent damage, so I tried to hurl him towards the exit of the inn but he didn't seem to bulge at all.

When I thought that all my efforts were fruitless and I was going to have to use a baseball club to knock him unconscious before even thinking of dragging him back home, I saw a bunch of big burly men approaching me and say, "You there pal, need some help with your friend?"

These men looked pretty scruffy and fierce at a sight, with grubby unshaved beard and unkept hair, their body was enveloped in the musky smell of cheap liquor. Their unruly appearance cued bad news from all angles. I looked at them, and then I looked at my inebriated knight, and then I looked at them again and gulped to moisten my now dry throat.

"Ah! N-No, its fine. We're just fine. I can handle it, t-thank you very much for asking though." I tried to dismiss their helping hands in a subtle manner, but they didn't seem to get the hint.

"Oh, how can a tiny guy like you carry a big man like your friend? I say let us handle your friend while you come with me. We can order some great booze and tasty meat and get to know each other, aye?" I widened my eyes at this big fat man's implication. Were these muscleheads a gay gang? I frowned.

"N-No No, we do not want to impose. And I feel a bit tired and want to retire for the day. See ya!" I somehow lugged Fredurd by the shoulder and tried to haul him towards the exit but clichédly so, my path was blocked by one of these big musclemen.

"Now now, we can't just have you walk away like that. It pains us to see you struggle so hard to just keep your balance while dragging your friend like that. Let us help you, I promise we are good people." The fat talker of the team, who looked like the ringleader of this gay gang, spoke in a soft coaxing manner, or at least he was trying to look like nice people. But in the history of felons, anyone who said that they were good people were never really the said-good people.