{Chapter 47 - Animosity || pt. 2}

[Yorknew City Arc]

~Previously~

Gon nodded, following along with Killua's words. When he brought you back up. "We lost all contact with her after the day she fought..."

"Rekka."

"Mm. The look Y/N had in her eyes" he started, but was unable to complete his sentence. His voice cracked as he trailed off. Killua thankfully understood and nodded.

"Yeah, I know."

'Something... something terrible happened.'

~Meanwhile~

Kurapika, alongside Melody and two others, stepped outside and started walking away from the mansion. The sun was setting on the horizon, casting an orangish-yellow glow upon the city, and the grand estates they walked in.

The air was mildly dry, and hot. And there wasn't the slightest breeze as the group strolled away.

Kurapika's previous deductions had been correct, and after the others interrogated their suspects, the remaining four came to an agreement. However, the tension between them was awkward.

Basho, a tall, macho-looking man huffed. "So the dog tamer has been reduced to a pet, huh?" He commented with a look of disapproval. Baise snapped her head towards the man, and a red tick-mark appeared on the side of her head.

"Yamete..."

His comment had been in response to the woman's recent actions. Being a manipulator, she had the ability to manipulate whomever she kisses for 180 minutes. The target becomes overwhelmingly infatuated with her and would follow her every command. She had used this ability on one of the two suspects, to get him to remove Nen he used on dogs as weapons.

"I only did it to make him talk." She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows. "If I wanted a man as a pet, I'd be pickier."

"That reminds me, I never did catch your name."

"I never threw it."

He ignored the comment. "Orewa Basho. As you've already seen, I'm a Conjurer." He referred to his ability, which he had used just moments before as a threat, during an interrogation. His ability activated when he wrote a haiku on a strip of paper. Whatever was written on it became real, but its effect depended on the quality of the poem.

"Watashiwa Baise," the magenta-haired woman replied, releasing her arms.

"Melody."

"Turns out that you can hear heartbeats. What category do you fall into?" Basho asked curiously, prompting the short woman to smile.

"Well, I'm sure you'll find out soon enough."

"Playing coy, huh?" He scoffed.

Melody laughed and turned to the blonde-haired boy walking beside her. "What about you?" Kurapika ignored her. "I'd like to know your name," she told him once more. "Would you tell us?"

"I refuse," he bluntly stated, not looking toward her once. "We do not know if we'll be working together."

"Yeah, that's true," Basho responded with a sigh. "We cleared the first test, escaping the mansion, but the real test has just begun."