❁ Lost Chapter pt. 5 || Final ❁

❌ [CONTENT WARNING: MENTION OF SUICIDE AND SELF-DESTRUCTION] 

Meteor City Incident

***

[Three Years After Lost Chapter pt. 4]

The sky was murky, although it was noon. It was completely empty, or so it seemed, as the clouds above completely covered the sky. 

But there must've been a sun above, as, in certain spots, there were faint casts of dull, greyish-green light seeping through the clouds. 

It was fairly humid and cold. But the atmosphere was warm. Lots of people roamed around, from small street food stalls to the next. There were items being sold too, but much of it was illegal. 

Some stalls were black market stalls.

Drugs, weaponry, exotic animals, explosives, organs, and other humans. There was human hair, passports, and Hunter Licenses, crude oil, stolen data, and baby formula, which strangely enough, was often used as a substitute for many prohibited substances.

You walked through the marketplace, looking at all the goods in curiosity. However, not buying anything. You knew much about the marketplace, having learned from the city's elders. The secret paths some offered, the good deals, who to bargain with and how, and lots more.

Pale figures roamed the place, like ghosts. A lot of the original inhabitants walked around with full-face gas masks and wore long, white cloth, baggy white pants, and thick brown boots. 

Dim, orange-yellow lights illuminated the way through the marketplace. Soft sounds of people talking, birds chittering and other animal sounds, and off-tune music filled the small, traditional place.

You stopped by a stand, to see a young boy working. He was many years younger than you. His hands and face were dirty, and from the shape of his body, you could tell he hadn't eaten for a while.

He quietly arranged white powder into tiny packets, which by the looks of it, seemed to be narcotics.

You lightly tapped his shoulder to get his attention and pulled out a pouch. It was a burlap pouch, made of jute. Inside it was an apple, some dried figs, and a variety of nuts. Something you had been saving for later, but the boy needed it more than you did.

You gently handed it to him with a smile.